Did you know?

That many of the vitamins we buy over the counter can sit in your stomach for days because they dont break down very fast,unless they are softgels.Some research was done and it was proven. So I suggest you crush your vitamins and put it in your water or juice so you get your moneys worth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Health

• Wow.. thanks.. so i figure that counts the prenatal vitamins too??
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• prenatal vitamins too. crush em and add to your water.
    Anonymous

• I heard some pills can be dangerous if crushed??
    Anonymous

• no thats not true its no different,it will get crushed in your stiomach just mioght take a few years is all..
    Anonymous

• If it was proven, everything should now be in powdered form in stores, right?
    Anonymous

• I'd talk to a Dr. about this one..
    Anonymous

• Actually more an dmore companies are startin gto use gelcaps because they realizing this about pills,I use to take mulitvitamins and seemed like they werent working for me,well I did some research on the internet and relized that many people testfied that they had pills in ther gut from months ago just sitting thier undigested because they are so hard and so compact you would think the acid in your stomach would eat away at the pills but it doesnt thats why people are so sluggish cause the pills arent working. I notice a BIG difference wwhen i take gelcaps I notice the pills i take are working like for instance the vitamin c i take 2000 mg a day gelcaps an dI havent been sick,When I dont take them i get sick.I tried brands that werent gelcaps and just didnt get my moneys worth for my healths sake.
    Anonymous

• Ask anyone who pumps a septic tank...they can normally tell you ig you have taken vitimins or not. They really do not break down well. Go with softgels, chewables, or even liquid. I wouldn't recommend crushing pills
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I use liquid vitamins. I add it to juice because they taste kind of tart. I will never go back to pills again. I notice I feel better shortly after taking the liquid too (minutes) where pill form never changes anything.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I did see a special on TV about this and it explained why all vitamins were making me sick. I did some research and found out why they don't break down and it is because of some of the compounds in regular over the counter vitamins your body has a difficult time breaking down. Look for "food-based" vitamins. Your vitamins can break these down better and then you actually feel better from taking vitamins. When I started taking the ones I'm on...I felt better in one week and I didn't feel sick. So there is something to finding "food based" vitamins with high "absorption rates"
    Mimi2mommy

Answer by Mimi2mommy at 12:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2009