I haven't had a period in almost 3 years...how will I predict my ovulation date??

I am trying to get prego but haven't had a period in three years, Im not sure why. But how can I predict my ovulation date if I dont know the date of my last period???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would contact your GYN and see what they have to say about it and y you haven't had a period
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you haven't had a period then you haven't ovulated. You will need to go to your ob/gyn and discuss why you aren't ovulating. I am having that issue and it is b/c the weight that I gained with my first 2 pregnancies caught up to me and I am now producing too much estrogen. You may need to have treatments or discuss a plan with your doctor. Good luck:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:44 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• no period means you have not ovulated. it is possible to ovulate prior to periods resuming, but usually, you get a 'warning' period first. are you breastfeeding? over- or under-weight? first adress the absence of your monthly with your health care provider. If you are planning to become prego, you will want to be in optimal health including a well-rounded nutrition plan. take a Body class from babybodybirth and good luck!
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 10:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If you're not having periods, you are not ovulating. This needs to be addressed before having any luck ttc. I went through a period of not ovulating on my own after coming off the bcp and had to take provera to get a period and then clomid to ovulate. Ultimately I was able to have three wonderful kids. If it's been three years it doesnt' look like this is going to resolve itself so I would sit down with your doctor and go from there. Lots of luck!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:48 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• IF you haven't had a period in three years, you are probably not producing Progesterone. Necessary in getting pregnant, ovulating and having a period. You need to see the doctor and determine if there is some reason for this lack of production. Once you are checked out, the doctor will most likely prescribe Provera to make the periods resume. You will either wait to see if your body kicks back into normal, or you may take Provera and then Clomid. You can't do anything without a normally working reproductive system. Do yourself a favor, and go to the doctor.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 2:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009