Which one should I do.. Weight Watchers or Curves??

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 10:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've never used Curves services before but I HAVE lost almost 50 lbs with Weight Watchers. I workout at home with videos, YouTube videos, and my Wii Fit. Saves me from a gym membership while I pay for WW. :@) Good Luck
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 9:08 PM on Jan. 13, 2009

• I know a lady who did both and lost and has kept off over 50 pounds. She loves both:-) If you can exercise on your own, and can only afford one, go with WW. Because you need to learn to eat healthy--but one can rarely lose weight and keep it off without exercise. That is a toss up!!! I enjoy working out and know enough on healthy eating, so I would go with Curves. However, I prefer my own home gym---and at times I go to Fitness One with my daughter:-)
    Anonymous

• Both if you can afford it. Weight Watchers gives you an eating plan, Curves gets you moving.

If you can only do ONE, I'd do Weight Watchers to get into good eating habits.. You can increase your exercise on your own. There are exercise channels, videos, and good old walking.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I agree that if you can only do one do Weight Watchers. They will help you with exercise and what to do. I was going to join curves but felt uncomfortable exercising in a circle with other women. At least at the gym you aren't facing one another in a circle while you are trying to work out. Might be jus me though. I know a lot of women like Curves. :)
    Mimi2mommy

Answer by Mimi2mommy at 11:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I used Curves and lost weight, but we don't have one here anymore!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 11:25 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have heard that Curves is now offering their own diet. Call them to see. My mom has been going to Curves for several years. She loves it. I've gone with her and its a great workout, esp. if you have alot of weight to lose. If you don't particularly have alot of weight to lose and are relatively young, I'd use a regular gym. Namely, b/c at some point, the Curves workout is perfect for those that simply need to do some kind of activity and wouldn't get it otherwise, and the workout isn't really designed to tone up (if you are young.) No doubt, Curves will tone, but if you are like my age, its fine, but if you are young, you would want to do the change up. I use a regular gym, b/c the body begins to conform to the one type of exercise and not continue to change. Muscle confusion (changing out the workout) works best.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If you can only do one -- WW. Exercise is important, but diet has a bigger impact on your waistline.

I also agree w/ another post...if you are still young, a real gym is going to be better for you in the long run. Try the spin class if you go. You can work on your fitness level, and it burns a ton of calories!
    honeyb3

Answer by honeyb3 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 13, 2009