How do we, as Christians, watch out for evil doers if we are not allowwed to pass some sort of Judgement?

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• The verse that says "Judge not or you will be judged" goes on to say "that the measure you use will be used to judge you." I think that that means that we are already going to be judged by God's word. We are to use it to "test everything" and discern right from wrong. Because that's the measure we can use God's word to know what is right and wrong. For example, we can "judge" or know that adultery is wrong. To say we can't judge that would mean we wouldn't know what is right or wrong. I think what it means we shouldn't do is judge motives, people, or gray areas. When I say people, I mean to judge that a person is good or bad. We can't know that but we can judge acts. Tolerance is taught today and I think that that is very harmful to what Christians are supposed to be. Where is tolerance mentioned in the Bible?We are supposed to be loving, kind, merciful, and so many other things. What we can't be is tolerant of wrong.

Answer by jackimci at 5:41 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Since when do you need to pass judgement to watch out for something?

Answer by KarenMM at 3:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We are known by the fruit we bare. Evil doers are going to produce bad fruit, and we don't need to judge to be able to tell if someone if evil. We can sense it through our spirit.

Answer by Robyn1975 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• See to me, the term "Judgement" is taken out of context all the time. People think it means being mean and hateful and jumping to conclutions about others. To me, it means to see and evaluate anothers actions or what have you.

Answer by metalmomma25 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Watching out for them isn't necessarily what needs to happen. Teaching your kid right from wrong and helping them make decisions is key. With mine, we discuss people. We don't say they are bad or evil people, I truly don't believe anyone is bad. We talk about choices. We say, "Oh, this person is probably good, but what kind of choice did they make? Was it a good one that God will like? Or was it a bad choice?" God loves everyone, regardless. I just make sure my kids understand that its all in the choices people make. God doesn't make bad things or junk, right? So no such thing as bad people. Confused, yes. Psychological problems, maybe. Bad, evil people, no.

Answer by hallen08 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The bible does not say you cannot judge, it simply says to judge righteously (Lev. 19:15, Ps. 51:1, Prov 31:9, John 7:24). Many Christians only read what they want to read.

Answer by Parkina at 4:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• The Bible AND Jesus say's "Jusge NOT lest YOU be judged!!!
    Remember when you point your finger at someone and pass judgment, that you have 3 fingers pointing back at yourself!

Answer by vbruno at 4:55 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I believe by not passing judgement we are not supposed pretend to know why people do things that are wrong or evil or even unkind, to not think you are better in some way and to try and uplift each other when we can instead of put down or gossip about, we just don't know anothers life until we have experienced their life and literally walked in their shoes so we shouldn't judge people for their actions but if their actions could be dangerous to ourselves or are questionable by your standards then steer clear, God also says something about the company you keep and to surround ourselves with like-minded individuals.

Answer by akayday at 4:56 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I truly believe that we cannot judge what's in a person's heart or decide that which is only set aside for Allah (God), but He has given us a criteron to judge between right & wrong, if a person steals you not trust them with your valuables but you cannot say that person is going to Hell, or if a person gives to the poor then you cannot say that person is going to Paradise, that's Allah's (God"s) job, not ours. We are His slave-servants, thereford; we should keep to the business of obeying & being watchful of His signs & proofs. I hoped this helped some, even though I'm not Christian, I do believe in Allah (God) & His Supremacy!

• God said to judge a tree by the fruit it bears,If it bears bad fruit it is a bad tree,good fruit good tree...But the catch is nonone is good or evil,We all are balanced by the two.It's our choice to choose which one we want to do.Thats why God said ,Judge not les ye be not judged.We all are 1 & connected in the body of christ,so to judge anyone were judging God......As far as watching out for them,What exactly do you mean???

Answer by christy7781 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008