its getting worse!

ive been cramping, and its now getting a lot worse. i curl up in a little ball and get all hot and sweaty and that feeling i would get as though i would start my period. i know i wont of course, but its the same feeling.

cramps are irritating curling in a ball walking turning sides pillow between legs nothing helps then they go away for an hr or so and then come back just as bad. :(

what should i do ? i do not see my dr until the 19th. im 35 weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• maybe your in pre mature labor.. id call and see if they start getting close together.. you can call the er or you can call labor and delivery... or you can jus go in and they will look at you...
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• ive already been having Contractions for a while. i mean to put i am 36 weeks. and ive been cramping like this for a few weeks. the past few days its gotten SO much worse...

is it normal though?
    Anonymous

• I dont think so.. I mean with my son i never got cramps that bad until my labor started...
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:03 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• you could always try getting in a warm bath.. if their braxtion hicks then they will stop with a warm bath.. do they get worse when you walk??
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:04 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• this is my 3rd pregnancy and Never had cramps..that is Not normal!! well unless you're going into labor its not! instead of waiting to see your dr. on the 19th, i would call, now, to the L&D department at your hospital
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:06 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• curl into a ball put your knees to your cheast and push... see if the head comes out
    CALL YOUR LABOR AND DELIEVER AT YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL!!!!
    DancerMomof2

Answer by DancerMomof2 at 11:08 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• okay dancermom i wasnt asking for a joking answer. ive never been pregnant before so i dont know if its normal. it could be a simple normal symptom and now that i have asked i know what to do. thank you for everyone else for not being sarcastic. thank you to everyone for your input too.

(and even with a bath it stays...)
    Anonymous

• i hope you take the advice of calling L&D!! that's the best and most important piece of advice youre gonna get!
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:20 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If I was in THAT much pain, I'd be on the emergency phone line to the doctor for instructions or heading to the ER. Please don't risk it. If you are experiencing preterm labor, you need it stopped, and that will take some drugs. Regardless of what people say about whether the baby would be ok at 35 weeks or not, why risk it? Let the baby have as much time in your body as possible.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 11:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• DRINK A LOT OF WATER & REST. If this is preterm labor, nothing can stop it and you need to contact your doctor/midwife soon. Try the water, rest, and see what happens.
    Dehydration is a culprit for PTLing, many times.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:30 PM on Jan. 10, 2009