Too early to buy....?

DH and I are going to have a baby, we are going to start trying soon. We are going to start buying things that aren't gender specific like diapers, a bassinett, crib changing ect. And I was wondering if this is too soon, I heard that diapers will get ruined if we have them too long...is that true??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:21 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• lol no, just keep them in a dry place thats a very smart thing to do. Then it doesnt feel like such a blow to your wallet when its crunch time and the baby is coming any day now
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't buy yet. I would wait to buy until after the first trimester. God forbid something were to happen (I pray not) then it would be really painful to see those things laying around.
    Anonymous

• I'd have to say, if you aren't currently pregnant, it is a bit too soon to buy those things.

maybe just open a savings account and transfer money each week or month into it and don't touch it until you do actually become pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt buy anything...Not everyone can get pregnant right away. It took us 2 years. One of the nurses at my OB/GYN took them 8 years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would wait. I started TTC last October, over a year ago. Still no baby. You never know how long it will take.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 9:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I am with everyone else you never know how long it will take. It took us almost 3 years to get pregnant. The savings Idea is a good one that way you have all the money saved and it wont be such a blow. I am 9wks and we still havent bought anything we are waiting until the first trimester is over.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 12:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would. I did this with my second baby and it helped out so much, Dont buy food or anything. But toys diapers , wipes, or you could buy gift cards to. Like to target or walmart.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 11:45 PM on Jan. 12, 2009