Wouldn't we want to wish sucess for any President because it would be vital to the nation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope that our government in general can pull through for once, instead of being as greedy and selfish as they have been... I didn't vote for Obama... but he will be president, and I wish him the best of luck as well as the rest of the government... because I want to see our country succeed... I would love to be able to write a letter stating how proud I am after the four years are up... But I swear if someone doesn't get us out of this mess, I'm started a revolution... we need good people, and I hope he is one :). Lots of us are having hard enough times finacially, and we need to pull together as a nation to get through this... so the government better pull it's head out it's butt and back up this president and represent this nation AS A WHOLE, instead of just trying to get more money for themselves.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:29 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• very true!
    Anonymous

• You would think!
    Anonymous

• I wish him much luck, I voted Obama We need change. I do not think I will agree with everything that he does but that is to be expected. You would think that the world was coming to end the way some people are acting. That is not good for America. We need all stand together has one, has the USA.
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 11:36 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Yes. I had hoped President Bush would be successful, even though I didn't vote for him and never liked him. If our government succeeds, WE succeed.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:38 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Absolutely! I did not vote for Obama, but I pray that he proves me wrong and that everything I've thought about him is unfounded! I'll never be so happy to be wrong in my whole life!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I would love for Obama to do what is best for the country at heart. But if he did do what was best for the economy and business and what makes this country work, he would be....what's the word....a liar. He would have to go back on most of his promises, which makes him a liar. So then what. Do you want to be happy with a president that is successful or one who doesn't lie. If he does not lie, and does what he said-the country will fiscally be in bad shape. If he does lie and goes back to do what is going to make the country work economically then he can be successfull. Why didn't he just campaign with what his intentions were to begin with, that would have been acceptable.Why didn't he just say, I'm not that well versed in foreign war policies and economic situations and will make those decisions as I am advised.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• YES!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If he did just that, he would not have been elected.
    Anonymous

• One would think but there are so many people on here who are just hoping and praying he fails. In fact, a lot of moms on here have him failing already and he hasn't even been sworn in yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2009