my 23 month old goes around hitting everybody

my 23 mo old son walks aroung the house hitting people, when my older kids have thier friends over they cannot even play because he follows them around hitting them. He will just walk up to them & smack them in the head with a toy, i've tried all kinds of diffrent ways of discipline, it works for about 20 min. or so then he's right back to doing it again, any advice?????

luvmybabies003

Asked by luvmybabies003 at 11:29 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son does it too. hes only 14 months... i read on the internet its their way of communicating and saying play with me because they cant talk.. google it..
    Anonymous

• dont let him play with other people...what I mean by that is once he does it put him in his room for the rest of the day by himself, let him have toys though but dont let him come out unless he is willing to be nice.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:33 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my son did that before he turned 2, when he learned to communicate better it stopped. We would let him know hitting was a not allowed and he was put in the corner for 5 mins. Putting a child that age on punishment for the rest of the day would be mean and separating him is not going to teach him anything.
    jewilson08

Answer by jewilson08 at 12:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009