i can't stand the taste of water!

for the past two weeks i haven't been able to stand the taste of water. we have one of those brita faucet filters but i've been buying smartwater because our water just tastes so gross! my hubby says he doesn't taste the difference, but he also so smokes so his taste buds suck. today i found out that i had been pregnant and was miscarrying and i was wondering if the pregnancy could be the cause of my aversion to water? it just seems like it would be soon in the would-be pregnancy to have any symptoms like that....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Health

• I love water! But only in the bottles... What the heck do they do to water that comes out of the faucet. YUCK! I would say yes, it probably had to do something with you being pregnant. See if it goes away soon, if not ask your Dr.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• Unless water comes out of a bottle I think its gross too and my husband doesnt notice it either. Dont know what it could be....
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:39 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• might have been the pregnancy.

IDK I hate the taste of water even when not pregnant though :) tap water, even through a filter still has a chemical taste to me.
    Anonymous

• Even early in pregnancy you can get funky taste buds. I don't like the taste of certain water either though. I drink mostly water so I guess I have sensitive taste buds to it and I can taste when there are different minerals or too much chlorine in it etc. Your senses increase in pregnancy and for some that is their first sign they are pregnant so it isn't surprising you experienced this.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 11:42 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• AQUAFINA bottled water tastes good-it has a different taste than others. I hate water, but i can drink aquafina.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:45 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• ughh, how1977, i can't stand aquafina. but i really think its just because they sold it in the vending machines in my high school. lol. aquafina is a pepsi product isn't it?
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• oh, i meant hw1977. sorry for the typo!
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2009