Do you think this will be enough?

We are taking our kids to NYC for the day next Thursday to soak up some holiday atmosphere. We've decided to take the bus there so we don't have to deal with the whole drive and traffic situation and we've already paid for the tickets. We don't have much on our agenda to do except for seeing the Holiday store windows, the tree at Rockefeller, have a nice lunch and see Santa at Macy's. Our holiday shopping is done all except for stocking stuffers so we might pick up a few unique things there but other than that not much of anything else.

Do you think 400 is enough for 4ppl, 2adults and 2 children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Dec. 14, 2011 in Holidays

• For one day it should be enough if you are only going to spend it on food....play it smart too, don't go to an expensive place and you should be ok.

Answer by older at 2:49 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• Everything you've mentioned is free, so $400 should be plenty. If you have time, you should check out the outdoor gift shops they set up at either Union Square or Bryant Park. They're one of my favorite Christmas events here in the city!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 2:52 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• 400....that is a lot to me, I guess I have never been to NYC, but I would hope 400 would be enough for 2 adults and 2 kids.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 2:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• Thanks for the tip katiemomNY. I'm gonna call Macy's and see just how much the picture to see Santa will be and if we'll all be able to get in it or will it just be for the kids. We'd like to have a family picture with Santa.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• You could easily blow that if you wanted to but there is plenty to do in NYC that is inexpensive or free as well. Window shopping at FAO, and Macy's seeing the tree but you may want to plan your dining options and at least research other things you might want to do that cost money in advance because while you could easily do two meals for less than half of that you could also manage to blow it on one nice lunch and cab fare. You might also find a steal on Groupon to do something special at a discount so you do more for less.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:55 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• Well, everything does cost more in NYC. Even chain restaurants like TGIF are about double the cost. But it sounds like you have more than enough. Don't eat in the heart of Times Square to save a little $.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• ^^^ more great tips hotelmom. I am a groupon member so I'll take a look.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• I'm hoping we're able to go to China town and have lunch or dinner. I don't eat meat and our littlest one isn't a big eater at all, so the bulk of our meal expense will come from our middle schooler(she's thin but she can go!) and daddy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• I think $400 is more than enough. Our family was just there and we had a great time. Here is a link of things to see.

LINK

DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 3:14 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• A Big Thanks to you DJDNY

OMG you ladies are awesome!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2011