No room..but should we try anyway?

Me and my hubby live in a two bedroom home. We already have two children so the youngest who is 2 does not have a room but we are in the process of adding an additional room to our home for him. We would really love to have another baby before I turn 30 (and this would be our last child). Should we wait until we can add another room to our house for that child or should we go ahead and have the baby and it share a room with our youngest until we can purchase a larger home or add on again? I have some issues with infertility also so it takes me a long time to get pregnant and I fear that with age my problem is going to just get worst. I hate to think I waited too long and couldnt have any more children though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• We have two kids sharing a room and they love it. She is nine and he is five and they are both afraid of the dark. When they are older we will have to separate them due to opposite sex issues but that's at least a year down the road.

I say go for it!
    thisnametaken

Answer by thisnametaken at 11:58 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• If it were me, and I know some people may disagree, I would go ahead and conceive anyway. You said you are adding an additional room , and lets face it, you have a little time after you give birth before you even have to put your child in another room. Especially in your case, where time really is of the essence, why wait? Lots of people are faced with slightly cramped homes, but who is to say that the joy of expanding your family, won't ultimately over-power the fact that you guys are just a little crowded, temporarliy? I think things will work out, you always have time to expand your home, you may not have that same luxury when it comes to expanding your family.

Hope this helps a little! Good luck to you with which ever decision you make! (=
    Mommy_Jess

Answer by Mommy_Jess at 12:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My boys share a room. I shared a room with my sister. I think sharing a room is a great experience for children. If that's the only thing holding you back, then I say go for it. You aren't robbing them of anything by making them share a room!
    ShaunnaMichelle

Answer by ShaunnaMichelle at 12:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We have a 3 bedroom, 2 kids already each with their own room and I just pregnant on purpose again. Frankly, when they're little room sharing isn't a problem, and hopefully by the time they're old enough for it to be of issue we'll have a bigger place. I say go for it. What are you going to look back on with regret - not having another baby or not having an extra room?
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 2:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I am preg w/ # 5 we currently have 2 boys and two girls and new baby makes 3 girls. The boys share a room and the girls share a room and in about 18 months we are going to buy a house that is big enough for us all. I think you should have the baby because you will regret not having the baby, if you don't.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We have 4 boys and 3 bedroom house. We were painting the kid's rooms, so I moved all of them to one room so I could paint the first room. That was 3 months ago. They are still all in one room, because they love sleeping in the same room together. They don't get lonely, and they sit and talk before they fall asleep. Granted they are all still in toddler beds, but we are buying them bunkbeds, and they told us they still want to share a room. When they are young, they like the company.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 9:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My brother and I shared a room until I was 9 and he was 7 we loved it. My 7 year old and 5 year old have their own rooms, but still share at night when they go to sleep. There are bunk beds in my 5 year olds room. I don't see a problem with kids sharing a room. I say go for it.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 9:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Do it,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was always told that if you wait for the time or situation for everything to be "perfect" you'd never have children. So, I say do it. I agree with kimitzoe, you don't want to live with regret over not having another baby! GL

Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• If the only thing that is stopping you is the thought of a little child sharing a room with another little child then I wouldn't hesitate. It's usually older kids that want privacy so it sounds like you'd have plenty of time to have a baby and build another room.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:47 PM on Jan. 11, 2009