should i let him???

ok so my step mom has a really good friend
and he cant have kids he wants to like kinda adopt my kid but she would still live with me he would just come over and hang out with us a few times a week
but ya i told him she could not live iwth him or stay over night or go over there alone and he was fine with that
i asked my SO (it is not his kid) wut he though
and he said that i should not trust anyone but family and him with my kid wut should i do????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds fishy =/
    Anonymous

• I wouldnt... Sounds kinda funny and if you let him adopt it he has parental rights and take it away from you wether you want him too or not..
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:50 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• I think that sounds extremely odd... why would he want to just "hang out" with a little girl???
    Anonymous

• If he's just wanting to hang out and enjoy a father/daughter type of relationship and you trust him then it should be fine. How long have you known him? Does your daughter like him? I do agree that you should be guarded as far as who is involved in your kids life.
    Why does your SO think like you posted?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• sounds kinda fishy to me, too. i don't know. i wouldn't give up any rights if you want to be able to enforce that your child lives with you.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 11:53 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• my SO is in the army and just got back from irqa and he says he learned up there only to trust a few people
    my little girl is not born yet im 34 weeks
    i would be around at all times when they hung out
    i have only knowen him shice i got pregnant when i moved back to colorado
    my step mom has knowen him for like 3 years
    Anonymous

• I agree with pp. I would not let this person adopt my child and I would be very cautious around this person. It sounds very strange and I would not be sure about this persons motives.
    dillibarsmommy

Answer by dillibarsmommy at 11:55 PM on Jan. 10, 2009

• First off, he can't adopt her unless you give up your parental rights anyway. Or, unless you two were married. So, this isn't even possible...it's a little weird though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• NO> it's very strange.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Are you kidding? Once you give up your parental rights you have no rights. Nothing that you have discussed will be respected, that person can take your child anyone once he adopts her. Don't kid yourself and listen to your gut feelings. It sounds fishy, like they said.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2009