What do you think of Sicily Lee??

My sons name has meaning to my family and I already have extra boy names picked out and me and my husband were talking about girl baby names the other day and I wanted to pick sumthing that meant sumthing to my side of the family since my sons has to do wit his side of the family.. I choose Sicily becuz Iam the 5th gereration here from Italy and my family came from Sicily Italy.. and I choose Lee has the middle becuz it is my dads...

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 11:56 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it is endearing.
    When you first mentioned the name I didn't think too much of the name, but once you explained the meaning of both names I came to like it.
    Many people won't say the first and middle names together - it is rare - so you choose whatever middle name you like. I like how you want to honor a family member with the chosen middle name.
    Sicily Lee is a lovely girl's name. I say go with it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my honest opinion - I think I'd pick a less well known Italian city to name him after... everyone knows Sicily is a city and he will get picked on for being named after it.
    Anonymous

• I choose Sicily becuz that is where my family is from
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• you asked for opinions no need to argue with me. I read that already, just gave my reason for not liking it... geez...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Sorry, but Sicily sounds like a girl's name. And the double sounds of ...ly and Lee are a little over the top.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:14 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Didn't you say this was for a girl???
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my husband were talking about GIRL BABY NAMES the other day and I wanted to pick sumthing that meant sumthing to my side of the family since my sons has to do wit his side of the family.. I choose Sicily becuz Iam the 5th gereration here from Italy and my family came from Sicily Italy.. and I choose Lee has the middle becuz it is my dads...

This is for those of you who can't read. And I actually like the name Sicily. I remember when I was little and my friend and I would play . .. her play name was always "Sicily." I like it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I do, however, agree that Lee isn't the best middle name for Sicily. It makes you feel that you have to put a pause between the two names or you'll get tongue-tied.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• what should i do the middle name as?? I was thinking of JerryLee cuz its my dad first and middle but I didnt like it.. I like marie as the middle too
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 1:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2009