Should I let my husband go...?

My Husbands brother is getting married next month and they are having a bachelor party a week before the wedding. Now some have said they wanted to go to a strip club but then that was said to be canceled because my Husband along with one other guy said they wouldn't go to something like that. But now they are talking about going to a Hooters or some place like that... I don't like the idea, but am I being unreasonable to ask him not to go? I know he is married to me, but I hate the idea of him going out and looking at other females in that way. I know while he is gone I will be sitting at home freaking out because I know he is looking at another girl in the way he should only be looking at me. Advice please! :p thanks.

KateInTheSurf

Asked by KateInTheSurf at 11:57 PM on Jan. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't worry. Strippers don't want the regular guy, they want the bucks. Same with Hooter's girls. They've all heard every line in the book. Guys will be guys, cut him some slack. My philosophy with my husband is, if she can work you over, she is a better woman than me,and can have you. I step down and good luck. There's 10 behind him, that would be happy to step up.
    doublefistin

Answer by doublefistin at 9:30 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• well, your hubby said he wouldn't go to the strip club, so what makes you think he'd be checking women out at a restaurant? He can check out women at McDonald's if he wants... are you going to stop him from going anywhere females are?
    Anonymous

• I think your taking it over the top.. he said no to a striper and ive been in hooters its jus girls in a t shirt and short shorts.. they arent strippers and they are jus waiting on them its not like they are naked and giving them lap dances.. jus let him go.. if it was a strip club id be different but obviously he respects you enough not to go into a strip joint
    MiSs.SmOkEy

Answer by MiSs.SmOkEy at 12:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well I am not sure why it bothers you so much.. How old are you and your husband.. If it is bothering you so much, then sit down and have a talk with your husband, and be honest with your feelings, and how much it bothers you.. I am very secure in my relationship with my husband, and if he went to Hooters, which I have gone with him,, so what if he looks, as long as he is not touching,and it means nothing. He is not going out looking for a hooter's girl and having sex with her. He is just going out with some guy friends..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It's Hooters - not a strip club. If you love and trust your husband, why would you be home freaking out because he went? Men will look, just like women look - as long as they dont touch. JMO - but you sound a bit insecure. Has he ever done anything to make you feel like you cant trust him?
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• One last thing - you say "should you LET your husband go". Do you feel he needs your permission?
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It sounds like you aren't secure with your relationship with your husband. My DH goes to the strip club, Hooters, wherever he feels like going. As long as he's honest it doesn't matter. It's not like he is going to have sex with the girls there. As long as he brings it home to me at the end of the night I don't really care.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Hooters is just a restaurant, nothing more. You can eat there, they have really good wings. I think you are overreacting big time. Trust me, if your husband is the cheating type, you have much bigger problems than a bachelor party. There is temptation EVERYWHERE. He's just having some fun with the guys. If he hasn't given you a reason not to trust him, then give him some more credit and stop worrying over nothing.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It 's Hooters, yes there's girls there and yes they are dressed in little shorts and tight tops. It's not like you are probably thinking. I went there one time with my DH and it was fine. My sister recommended the wings to us, they were ok but not great!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I was the same way, i hated the idea of him going to a place like that. But one night my girlfriends decided to go to hooters, we all had a girls night out at hooters. After i went it was not as bad as it seems, yeah the girls' clothes might be a bit to small, but i amsure they see more things on tv. Now i am fine if he ever decides to go there, i even afford to take him myself, but he does not seem so interested.
    CarinaM19

Answer by CarinaM19 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2009