DO you travel for Christmas or are you the home that everyone travels to?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 9:33 PM on Dec. 14, 2011 in Holidays

• We always travel for Christmas. Either to my mom's house or my dad's house, or the occasional year when we manage to do both.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• Fortunately, we live within about 15 miles of most of our family, so nobody really has to travel. We have a party at our house and then have parties at a few of my family member and friends' houses, and my MIL's and one of DH's friend's parents.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:40 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• we did travel but this year its too hard for us- we normally head south for Christmas, and then the South heads North for us on Easter :)
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 9:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• We are not the home people go to, but we are not traveling this year either. We do normally travel, and we were supposed to be going to South Dakota this year, but I cannot travel this Christmas.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• Normally we are always driving somewhere for the holidays but this year they are coming to us.... we are so excited i get to make a nice breakfast and dinner for the first time in my own home on Christmas and the next day my hobby is taking my son and the inlaws to the snow... it's going to be really nice... i'm counting down the days.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• they travel to us... we do Christmas dinner prior to Christmas to make it easier on everyone with
    children so no one has to travel on Christmas...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

• We don't travel- and no one travels to see us most years. Usually-it's just the 4 of us
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:53 PM on Dec. 14, 2011

Answer by charlotsomtimes

Is that quiet? That seems so intimate too... You are making memories...
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 7:40 AM on Dec. 15, 2011

• We don't travel out of the county we live in, but some of my family are not able to travel much so we do go to them but most of mine and DH's family come to my house, we are the home everyone chooses to go to , they like my cooking lol!!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:21 AM on Dec. 15, 2011

• We'll drive 2 hours to my parents' farm. My brother and his wife will be there too - they have to drive 5 hours.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:27 AM on Dec. 15, 2011