How can I become a mom that has a less stressful life?

My son has spd (behavioral issues and sensory processing disorder). My family and I are at our wits end at times. He will not go to sleep, acts up, says no over and over. We devote 150% of our time to this child to no avail! HELP!!

mommasunflower

Asked by mommasunflower at 12:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Until I read your text, I was going to say, "Mom and stress go together...you can't have one without the other."

What does your doctor say? How about checking in with a children's hospital to find a support group?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I dont know how old your son is, but every parent gets stressed because of their kids and the best thing to do is walk away and calm down. You being stressed out is going to stress your kid out and thats going to make things much more difficult for everyone.Just take a minute to calm down then try again. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2009