Swelling of my right leg, ankle and foot

I had my baby on Dec 23rd of last year and my right leg and foot has bben swollen since about the beginning of November. At first I thought it was from pregnancy and I didnt stress it too much because it didnt hurt. Towards the end of my pregnancy and after I started to get pain in my ankle that shot up to my upper thigh. Tthe did a sonogram of my leg and didnt find any clots or any abnomalities. Ive tried pain killers (tylenol, perkiset, vicodin, ibuprofin), lidocain patches, warm compresses, foot soaks and everything else i could think if and nothing is seeming to help. Suggestions anyone on what this cold be or how to relieve the pain and swelling?

TastyPeach6969

Asked by TastyPeach6969 at 12:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You really need to be under the care of a doctor. Suggestions can be made to help you find comfort, but this sounds like a serious medical condition and you should call you PCP tomorrow morning. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 2:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• it could be sciatic nerve pain. and the swelling could still be from teh pregnancy sometimes it takes awhile for your body to readjust... if you are really concerned go to the doc!
    Kelly_Ann

Answer by Kelly_Ann at 10:02 PM on Jan. 13, 2009