Diet help.

My husband and I decided to start diets together.
Its amazing because I'll have the support of the person I love, and he'll have mine...
I know I'm not happy with my weight, and sitting around complaining about it isn't going to help me lose any. lol.

SO my question is, Have you ladies -- Heard of any good diets that actually work? I'm not down for starving myself.Just wanna know what has worked or you've read about or ever tried?

Thanks.

TheTara

Asked by TheTara at 12:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• the only thing that honestly works is portion control. you wont lose weight fast, but the weight you do lose will stay off. so reduce portions, and to help with this transition, before each meal drink a large glass of water. Also, dont eat 3 times a day, youre actually supposed to eat 5 small meals a day, that keeps your metabolism going constantly! i know this is the only thing that helped me lose weight, and i lost 30 lbs so far and have been able to keep it off, even if i have a bad week with my diet
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• The chocolate diet...no joke. You can lose up to 1 pound a day with organic chocolate. I am an Independant Associate and I see people every day lose weight with chocolate. The best part is that the whole family can eat this chocolate and it has many other benifits too.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• the drill.. eat lots of veggies (preferably greens) .. but mix up the variety and colors. Eat lots of fruits (be careful on the real sugary ones). smaller meals consisting of carbs, proteins and veggies. at least 3 meals and two snacks.. or 5-6 meals. Drink lots of water at least half of your weight in ounces. i would tell you to count calories ... you can have potatoes but do not fry them. keep frying to a limit (like once a week treat or somethng)if you eat chips switch to popcorn or even pretzels. love chocolate eat pudding made with skim milk. drink at least 2 cups of milk a day and have one tspn of oil a day. Grill, bake, broil, boil meats. excersise
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Try reading The Flat Belly Diet book, it makes so much sense. If you don't want to spend $16 for the book you can Google "flat belly diet" or "MUFA" or go to Prevention.com (they wrote the book). I'm on day 10 and have lost 4 lbs already.
    LoveIsCool

Answer by LoveIsCool at 6:41 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Be sure and drink your 8 glasses of water (no matter what diet you choose.) You'd be surprised how much water weight gain we women carry. Also, drinking the right amount of water keeps your colon clean, and again, you'd be surprised how much bulk in the colon adds to belly bulge and weight. Next, keep your calories to 1500 to 1800 a day. I break mine down to 300 for breakfast, 400 for lunch, around 600 for dinner and that leaves two 100 calorie snacks. If you go lower than 1500 calories, your body will believe it is in famine and actually hold on to the fat in order to protect the body. Lastly, get a pedometer and do 10,000 steps a day. I promise with just these few "free" diet changes, you will lose weight. I promise. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Drink more than 8 glasses of water a day if you can. Stay away from ALL soda and juices. Take in no or very little caffeine. Eat proteins and good fats (olive oil, avacado, nuts) and eat fruits and veggies, but be careful for starchy veggies (corn, peas, carrots) and sugary fruits (melons, citrus) - you can eat berries galore!

I started drinking over 100 oz. of water a day and lost 9 lbs. my first week alone.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 7:50 PM on Jan. 11, 2009