Ever since we found out that we were having twins, my husband and I have been having problems... What is the percentage of failed relationships due to the wonder and merriment of having children? (And BOYS to boot!!! My toddler is VERY difficult and is a topic of a lot of our 'arguments'... 'The Brothers' as I call my twins are just too noisy, so my husband has started to spend longer and longer away from home...)

CMyst77

Asked by CMyst77 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• It is probably very stressful for him and he might be having a hard time with the fact that you really can't give him any attention like you used to. He might just feel left out. I would start some kind of counseling before this gets much worse. Or just talk to him and find out what is going through his head.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i don't know the percentage but i would think it's minimal. lots of fathers are happy to be just that fathers. well those that are married and mature that is. maybe you two should take some parenting classes and join groups for support for parents with twins. sometimes people don't realize or imagine their life another way and get disappointed the way things turn out. like it's greener on the other side. he may be going through a midlife crisis. i would start doing something to prevent him leaving you entirely.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:45 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Welll....many years ago Ann Landers did a survey and found that if most parents had to do it all again...they wouldn't have children!

Kids are stressful on a marriage. Many prospective parents really don't have a true idea of what life with a kid is really like.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2009