What are my chances of conceiving twins again after a Vanishing Twin Syndrom (VTS) pregnancy?

I experienced vanishing twin syndrome & from this pregnancy, I gave birth to only one child, last April. I just took a pregnancy test (a week and a half earlier than I should have) & its faintly positive. I am still breastfeeding. Besides my previous pregnancy, I have no twins that run in my family to my khowledge...and I've taken NO fertility medication. What are the chances that I've conceived twins again?

Romansmami0412

Asked by Romansmami0412 at 12:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• From what I've learnt, the older you are the more likely. You're more likely the more pregnancies you have and I've also learnt that if you have twins, you are quite likely to have more. Good luck to you!
    Do you eat sweet potatoes/yams? That apparently increases your odds aswell!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• This is a very specific situation, that many people have not experienced. This is a conversation for your doctor, and I assume, that this pregnancy may be considered high risk. Get into the dr as soon as possible to reduce your concerns. The comments you will get here will most likely be guesses, because it is not a common ailment. I wish you the best and hope this will be a happy pregnancy with no losses!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:58 PM on Jan. 11, 2009