So today I tried to have a moment to myself.

Woke DH, he was coming off night's, gave him the baby and said she needed changing, the other kids were downstairs painting and to give them a snack when they were done. I was going to have a bubble bath, read and do some sudoku. Not even 5 minutes into my bath I hear the baby crying and DH saying boingy boingy, as if telling a 8 month old to bounce in her jumperoo will immediately make her happy! Then he's telling my 3 and 4 year olds to paint pictures not just messes. My word!!!! Who cares what their doing, pick up the baby and soothe her! So I didn't have a relaxing bath , what did you do for yourself today? cont.

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've been up since 4 AM. I made a pot of coffee, wrote a 12 page letter (well finished it), and played around on CafeMom. Now I'm going to make breakfast for the family. My "Me" time is over :(
    queencrystalis

Answer by queencrystalis at 10:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Then I hear a fight break out between DH and DS about cookies! Literally a screaming match. Now tell me how relaxing is that?!?! I get out of the bath to settle DS and feed the baby who's still crying on and off. Oh yeah and to also get into a fight with DH about how he fight's with a 4 yr old! ARGH!!!!
    Did you get to do anything for yourself today?
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• yeah, I went to the bathroom and ordered a sub that I had to eat at Mach 3.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I wasn't feeling too well so after dinner I put the kids infront of the tv in the living room and I laid down on the sofa next to them and took about a 15 minute nap. It was pretty refreshing. But when the kids were little I could barely even take a shower. Now, I have a routine which is to feed 'em and find something to occupy everyone while mom gets cleaned for goodness sakes! But me take a bubble bath when everyone is home? Nope, uh-uh, no way. LOL
    saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 12:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• lol...nuts! I actually did get an hour to myself. My aunt had a birthday party tonight and I had to leave early to get home and log in for work. My daughter wanted to stay for cake so my cousin kept her at the party and brought her home when they were done. I haven't been away from my child in weeks. I was working the whole time, but it was still nice to do it in peace.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I sat on the couch sewing for a good part of the day. It was nice.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009