At what age did your baby start holding his/her own bottle?

mom2four25

Asked by mom2four25 at 12:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was just about to ask the same thing! DS is 4 months and has started to try but it slips after a few seconds.
    lvlymummy08

Answer by lvlymummy08 at 12:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My lazy one is almost nine months and still does'nt thats why I asked my first held hers at
    5 months.
    mom2four25

Answer by mom2four25 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It's so much easier once they can!
    lvlymummy08

Answer by lvlymummy08 at 12:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• my daughter started at three months. it was obviously a little heavy for her so i would just hold the very end of it. but shes six months now and i dont have to hold it at all
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• mine holds it only when he feels like it. I guess hes just stubborn. hes almost 8 months, he still doesn't have the control to hold it there for very long, he usually ends up getting it out of his mouth, or playing with it instead
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Mine is 6 months jan. 11th and takes the bottle , holds it then puts it down. My DH was impressed last night that he took it from him while i was holding our son in my arms upright.
    Babybubbles711

Answer by Babybubbles711 at 1:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My boy's 7 months, he try's to hold it, and does really well..but he doesn't tip it back to get the milk most of the time, lol...so he's just sucking on air. I used to have the Playtex bottles with the drop ins, i noticed he didn't like to try holding it, but as soon as I switched to the evenflo plastic bottles, he's been grabbing it to hold it, the bottles narrow compared to the Playtex bottles. OH and YES they're BPA free!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My baby girl holds it when she wants. When my husband feeds her, she holds it the whole time. But with me, she is too busy pulling my hair and stuff lol.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:19 PM on Jan. 11, 2009