Come on, PETA!

Ok, I love animals. But listen to this. PETA has decided the word "fish" is too harsh and wants to call fish "sea kittens." Obviously they want to use the connotation of the word "kitten" to stop people from eating fish, but I just wanted to get your opinions on this. Sea Kitten? Really?

mambearwhitt4

Asked by mambearwhitt4 at 12:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol...sea kittens. Well, I don't eat sea kittens...sea kittens or fish, whatever you want to call it...they live, eat, and breathe in water they poo and breed in. No thanks. PETA would probably find my inability to keep one of these little guys alive longer than a few weeks to be more offensive than my eating habits.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• eye rollingYep, that's about all I have to say.

Daemons_mommy

Answer by Daemons_mommy at 12:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• What's really sad is when junk like this gets picked up by the schools. Is it any wonder so many parents home school?
    And yes, I will happily eat "sea kitten" when I can afford it!

Should we stop eating veggies too? After all, we eat them alive.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• winkI don't like to eat fish anyway, but I've never tried a kitten. Could work in reverse for me.

summers1332

Answer by summers1332 at 12:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I honestly believe the people at PETA are on crack! Just when I think I've heard the most lame thing from them, they outdo themselves! I had not heard this, but I am not surprised!

Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• These are also the people who think we need to "free" our house pets and let them run free in the streets...animal liberation my...foot.

Wonderlust

Answer by Wonderlust at 12:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• animal liberation?! if i let the dog i had in high school run out on the streets he would have starved!
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• That is absolutely ridiculous. I don't eat fish anyway . . I can't handle the smell or the texture. Sea kitten . . . lmao, there is nothing in the ocean that reminds me of a kitten, certainly not a fish. What is wrong with the word fish? Weirdos . . . oh maybe that's too harsh of a word . . . strange puppies.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Call it what you will, If I like it, and I'm hungry, I eat it. LOL
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 6:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• That is just nuts! A fish is a fish, plain and simple. You can't call it a sea kitten - it doesn't even resemble a kitten! In fact, some fish are found in kitten and cat foods! People are not going to stop catching fish and eating them just because an organization comes up with a crazy name for them. In fact, the general public will refuse to call them by their new name unless they happen to be against fishacide.
    Nuts I tell ya!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2009