I think I might be dreppressed .... Please HELP!!

My baby is 8 months old and I also have a 6 yrl old who is out of school for summer ... I'm going crazy!!! I made the 6 yr old get into lots of activities to burn energy like swimming, gymnastics, ballet and tap but she still has so much energy I fell a bit overwelmed. I think I might be getting depressed and the more I try to get out of it is just like I don't have the will or the energy to do so .... what's going on with me? is this gonna go away?

n_v_mama

Asked by n_v_mama at 10:11 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in General Parenting

• Please talk to your doctor. If it's post-partum depression, you can't just will your way out of these feelings. Your children need you to feel better.
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 10:30 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yes it sounds like post partom and that can become verry out of control& you will end up having more problems not just your dauther but but baby and other family members,so seek a doctor it's nothing you have done so dont feel bad ok,but if you done nothing it can hurt you and evertone around youits realy to do with your health after having a baby.if i can ever help in anyway write me ok,if you need to just even have some one listen,good luck and be praying for you.
    tweety1274

Answer by tweety1274 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Talk to your Dr., or anyone for that matter. PPD is SERIOUS!! I know first hand. Aslo the PPd group is very helpful.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• What your feeling is totally normal, but you really do need to see a doctor for possible post partum depression. My doctor once told me a happy mom is a happy baby. If you don't take care of yourself then you can't take care of anyone else. Please see a doctor, if not for you, do it for your kids.
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 20, 2008