Would you want your DH to re-marry if/when you die?

Or vice-versa? Have you had this conversation? We have, and he said he doesn't know if he'd re-marry but I'm sure he'd find someone at some point. I'm not sure if I would get married again but I know that I would want my boys to have a positive male, "father" figure in their lives.

marsha78

Asked by marsha78 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I wouldnt want him to, and nor would I remarry. I feel that the commitement I made to him is ONLY with him, no matter what...even if we ended in divorce. I want my kids to know that either father is the only man I have EVER loved and WILL EVER love. That is just my opintion. I love my DH and I dont think anyone could ever compare to him, so my answer is no
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would want DH to remarry if he found the right woman. I'm a tough act to follow! lol
    I'm sure I'd remarry if I found the right guy. We've talked about this also.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:53 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My husband told me that if I die before him he is gonna take the life insurance money and go blow it on "hoooes" *said of course with a funny voice*. But he told me that he would want me to find someone if he died first, but he would come back and haunt me if it ended up being his best friend, he said he'd haunt him as well LOL..no chance of that happening anyways. But for him I want to say yes but my selfishness of being alive and only wanting him to be with me makes me want to say no but I want him to be happy and if it would make him happy to find another woman than yes id want him to. I dont think he'd be able to find someone else who can deal with him as well as i do though and vice versa
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 12:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I honestly couldn't say. I would just hope that my husband and son continued to be safe and happy. I would hope my husband would do what is best for both of them. And if he passed away, I just couldn't imagine replacing him, but who knows what the future would hold.

teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 1:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• lol ReneeLRS I've told DH that I'm going to kill him for the insurance money. Marry an old sugar daddy and then when he dies and leaves me his fortunes I'll marry a much younger man! lol
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 1:04 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I honestly wouldn't want him to, but I would also want him to be able to be happy again after I was gone. That's a tough one. I know that if it were the other way around that there is NO way that I would ever re-marry. I wouldn't even have the desire to date anyone again. What would be the point when he is my soul mate? No other guy in the world could ever even come close to comparing to him.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 1:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would want dh to do whatever made him happy and I already told him that. It would be horrible if something did happen to me and then he always felt too guilty to go find someone and be happy.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:21 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Whatever makes him happy. Our marriages are only "till death do us part" anyway.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Spectacular point gdiamante
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:30 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I absolutely would want my hubby to marry again if I were to die. Would I remarry? If I met the right person for me and my boys, yes I probably would. I think that the greatest tribute to the love we shared, our happy marriage would be for us to want to find that again and remarry.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009