Do I have a right to be upset?

Hi all it's me married2the best under my new and more universal name now, anyways, I had my baby on New years eve via emergency c-section, if you had one of those you know how sore it can leave you! Well the day that I got out of the hospital I was still pretty darn sore. Hubby decided to let me be with a 17 month old and a newborn so he could play his stupid xbox, now we are fighting over if I had a right to be mad that he didn't help me out more - he thinks I am over reacting! I didn't want him to do everything just help me out some since I could still hardly move, was I wrong to get bent out of shape?

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 12:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• i never say i'm upset but use the word disappointed. i think that hits them harder cause they expect you to get upset when they screw up but when you attack them with words like disappointed and makes them feel like they are screwing up more and they really don't want to make you unhappy. so trying using that word. i get upset just when my husband plays for what seems like no reason. so i have to ask myself why am i upset. i shouldn't be. although in your case i think you were valid. although i'm not sure that i would of chose this to battle over this but just to simply say i was hurt and disappointed to see my husband treat me with so little sympathy and love. that really gets them thinking and feel guilty. telling them never works but hinting at it they really hear that.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• hell no!! i would have been pissed!! after regular delivery my dh knew if he even THOUGHT about ditching me while i was in pain i would have hurt him! you have every right, i would be pissed
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• nope DH and I have this fight still and our DD is 14 months old. He needs to grow up and help same as my hubby. I dont think mine ever will lol. What I did was left him ALONE with her ALL DAY! While I played games...he didnt like it, and I bet yours wouldnt either!!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• OH YES. I KNW THE PAIN. I HOPE THEY GAVE YOU A WRAP SORT OF TO GO AROUND YOUR WAIST. IT IS VERY HELPFUL. HE IS WRONG , YOU ARE RIGHT. HE SHOULD HELP. YOU CANT DO VERY MUCH AT ALL. IN FACT YOU NEED YOUR REST, HE NEEDS TO GROW UP AND HELP YOU. CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW MEMBER TO YOUR FAMILY.
    MIXED

Answer by MIXED at 12:57 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Thank you ladies ....... I am contemplating a mommy day and leaving him with both of the kids to see what I go through unfortunetly he won't have the pain that I had but I think I may still get the point across. Granted I love my babies dearly its still hard some days
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• NO! What he did was disrespectful! Even if he didn't mean it to be, it was kinda like a slap in the face, and not showing any appreciation for all the work you just went through. I think your a better woman than I am cause I would have tossed that thing right out the window.

teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Hey. DH!!! Time to grow up, a child cannot raise a baby, it takes a man.... She carried them for 9 months, now you can spend some time!! Your a parent act like one!!!!!
    jennieo622

Answer by jennieo622 at 12:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• MIXED - no I didn't get a wrap, I had a normal delivery with my son so this c-section thing was very knew to me and I had roughly 10 minutes or warning before I was in the OR all they sent me home with was a bottle of 600mg Ibproufin lol
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 12:59 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have had three csections and you NEED the help to get on your feet. Wish i lived nearer jaja I would be there in an instant.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 1:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• HOLY COW. Forget tossing the machine out the window, it costs too much. I would have tossed him out the window. I didn't have a c-section but even regular child birth is painful and I am sure a cesarean is at least ten times worse. Rail at him and let him know he needs to pull his weight in raising the kids. His job didn't stop when he pulled his pecker out of you. I would love to see a man give birth and then watch us women play the xbox or Nintendo wii while they care for the baby and other kids in the house.You have every right to be pissed at his insensitivity and callous behavior. Congratulations on the new baby.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2009