If I cashed a moneyorder and mailed the item to the person on Ebay and that person is saying they never got the item what can I do?

What if the person is lying they never received it and I didnt get a tracking number for it but I already cashed there moneyorder, now that person is saying that its a federal offense and that shes going to report me to authorities, but its not fair because I did send her the package, will I still get arrested or in trouble?
I have 100% positive feedback this had never happened so I don't know what to do now, its not fair for me to give her back her money if I sent her the package, what would you do?

bettyboob83

Asked by bettyboob83 at 1:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Shopping

• oh I forgot to mention it was just a 20 dollar moneyorder...
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 1:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I would call who ever sent the package...you didn't loose it they did. If she is going to be angry at anyone she needs to be angry at them...it isn't your mess up. do you have ANY proof you sent it, a bill or anything? If not call the people who sent it and ask them for one.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• oh, and see if it just hasnt arrived yet
    Mikayla_lynn

• Why didn't you get insurance on the package?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You have a receipt to prove that you sent a package to her zip code. Also if you sent it via the post office, they may SAY that they can't track it because you didn't pay for a tracking number, but they most certainly CAN track your package. I learned this when I sent my brother his Christmas package. I sent it 2 weeks before Christmas and a week after, he still didn't have it. I took my receipt down to the post office and the woman at the counter was so rude. It was my own fault for not putting a tracking number on it and not getting insurance. I got sick of her and asked for her supervisor. The supervisor said that he COULD track it and that he would call me and let me know what he finds out. Well he called after 2 days and the package had been all over the place for some reason, it was located and being sent to the correct destination. And my brother got it the next day.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:00 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Some buyers on Ebay try to bully sellers. I have had that happen a few times. I refunded the money of one person, EVEN THOUGH the USPS tracking said it was delivered. The others I did not. It is a matter of principal. Who knows, she may not have gotten it. BUT, she could've received it and is bullying you making threats to get her money back. At this point, there's probably not much that you can do. You either refund the money and you're out the item and money or keep it and risk getting negative feedback which you can always add a follow-up comment on. Check out this buyer's feedback. How is it? Are there any indications that they've done this before? The threat of reporting you to the authorities is crap. Don't sweat that.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 8:38 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Oh, and tell her to ask her neighbors if it was delivered by mistake to them. Make sure she knows that you are being proactive in trying to track it.
    have2travel

Answer by have2travel at 8:39 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• She can't do anything to you. Certainly not for $20 bucks. She should have bought insurence or paid for tracking. In the future though, use PayPal, not money orders. PayPal offers you BOTH protection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Jan. 12, 2009

• Even if you didn't get insurance most packages have tracking for them. Go to your shipper and se if they can confirm shipement for you. If they did then let her know what you know. I've been through this before if it sitll is in transit and you think she is going to be a problem then just get it sent back. As long as you have a receipt confirming you sent it to the address that person provided then you shold be fine.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 6:59 PM on Jan. 12, 2009