How can I get my toddler to stop having fits??

My daughter is now one and boy the personallity is realling shining. She has decided to have fits. When things don't go the way she wants she gets really fussy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Girl I wish I had an answer for you. My daughter is going through the same thing. Its getting really irritating.
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 2:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Usually fits are just a passing phase at that age. They get frustrated easily because they know what they want to do but just arent to a point physicaly or mentaly to do it in the way they want. I hope it passes soon for you because I know it can get exhausting. Good luck and remember they don't stay this small for long.
    ZakZaksmom

Answer by ZakZaksmom at 2:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My son went through that, he'll be 2 next month and still tests it from time to time. We use timeouts. Not as punishment, but just to teach him how to calm himself down. We sit him down and hand him his lovey and tell him that he needs a timeout and that when he calms down, he can get up. We are very consistent with it and it works great for us. Just remember to always keep your cool cuz sometimes they do it to get a rise out of us! Best of luck!
    alc030

Answer by alc030 at 1:59 AM on Jan. 12, 2009