Dear Lord I am only 26

And I can already see myself aging in the face and the dark circles getting worse. I never was one to wear much make up just eye liner mascara and a light gloss over my lips, but now I am starting to want to wear more to hopefully hide the aging well. As far as foundation goes I am a very light skinned girl, how can I take the proper steps to ensure the color I get is a perfect match instead of too light or too dark. Any make up tips are appreciated!

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 1:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Now, back to those dark circles... yellow concealer will counteract the blue, but obviously if they are really dark, putting a lot of yellow will just make you look jaundice and creepy, so dab on a little pink concealer first, then apply the yellow. Even though I love make-up, I, like you, don't like to wear a lot of it on my face. What I do for a more even tone and to give my concealer better stay power, is I moisturize first (yes, I dab extra under the eyes), and then I do concealer as needed (I use a brush (acrylic, filbert head (kinda rounded, like a finger shape) I think about a size 8 or 10 (slightly wider than the width of your index finger), and you can find it at any art store, for much cheaper and generally better quality than anything you'll find in a dept store)...
    artgeekmama

Answer by artgeekmama at 3:46 AM on Jan. 13, 2009

• Drop by the cosmetic counter at your local department store. You can get demos without any cost.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I did not know that thank you
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I love doing facial masks. Its so relaxing. Also sometimes I do scrubs in the shower. I drink lots of green tea too so I hear its good for you. Vitamin E is good for the skin. Stress worry and alcohol use to make me look older at one time. Thank God He saved me from that party life.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:37 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• what facials and scrubs do you use if you dont mind me asking?
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I love the microdermabrasion kit from Olay. L'Oreal has one too, it's also good.
    AesSedai

Answer by AesSedai at 3:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Drink water all the time, it does wonders , also vitamin E .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 11:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• get proper sleep and lots of water too
    Anonymous

• Honey. I am 26 years old and like you have not wore a lot of make up in the past. I have found that more make up is not the answer. A good skin cleansing and moisturizing regimen is the answer. Something you may want to consider is looking into the Avon line. There are great skin care products and if you are dead set on wearing make up to hide any signs of aging then they have a great anti-aging make up line. Check out my website where you can read on different products and check the reviews from real consumers like yourself. www.youravon.com/awest4094... Avon products are great quality and more affordable than most you will find at the grocery store. They just released a new line called Solutions this week that is comparable to Neutrogena. Check it out!
    THEAVONLADY101

Answer by THEAVONLADY101 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I use Arbonnes nutriminC eye cream.
    I have sinus and am 9 years older than you and it works wonders.
    I also use Arbonnes anti-aging line on my skin.
    I used to use Loreal especially their eye cream for years and have even tried Olay Regenerist and I like Arbonne products best.
    As for color matching that can be hard. I had my Arbonne consultant do it for me this time.
    Previously I have gone to the make up counter. Our you could pick a Mineral powder that is for fair skin and then blend as much as you need.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 6:40 PM on Jan. 11, 2009