In 2nd, 3rd (etc.) pregnancies, what sort of time frame does one have to go into labor after one has dropped?

I am hearing different information from different sources. In first time pregnancies, I've read that you can drop up to four weeks or so before actually going into labor. In all subsequent pregnancies, you drop much later. I even read somewhere that you drop 24-48 hours before labor in your later pregnancies. Now I'm hearing you can drop up to 1-2 weeks before going into labor. Does anyone have any definite answer?

CreativeSpirit

Asked by CreativeSpirit at 10:17 AM on Jul. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• There is no definite answer. Every woman, every pregnancy is different. With my son, I didn't drop until my due date, and then I was 4 days late, and was only in labor 7 hours. With my daughter, I dropped nearly 4 weeks before my due date, was in false labor for two weeks, delivered a week early and was in labor for 29 hours. My son is my first, my daughter my second. So I am backwards in every aspect.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• I dropped at 32 weeks and I'm 35 weeks now. I'm hoping to find out more next week. Every pregnancy is different...like mom1stepmom1 said.
    Mumjen2

Answer by Mumjen2 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 17, 2008

• This is my fifth pregnancy and I dropped more than a week ago. I'm going to be 41 weeks tomorrow and I'm not in labor yet.
    sioleabha

Answer by sioleabha at 1:35 PM on Jul. 17, 2008