Dirty Santa question???

My in laws always want the kids to play dirty santa. Well the ages range from 3-16. My dh told them ours wouldn't be participating. I mean how are you supposed to buy gifts that would work for a 3-16 year old. I can see it now the three year old doesn't get what he wants and he has a meltdown. Anyone else agree?

RelaxedMom2-3

Asked by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:18 PM on Dec. 15, 2011 in Holidays

• bad idea. I don't see how that would be fun for any kid, especially younger ones.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• Why don'' they have the older kids (12-16) play this and have the younger kids do a musical book exchange?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:22 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• I agree, my family plays dirty santa and the age is 16 and up and sometimes we'll do dirty santa for like 9 or 10 - 15 but not for the little little kids, we usually just give them stocking stuffer type gifts like slinkeys.
    waterlily118

Answer by waterlily118 at 3:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• The 3 year old is the one who wants to play it so bad, he seen his parents play earlier this year. You know I mentioned the meltdown, he pretty much gets everything he wants.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Comment by RelaxedMom2-3 (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• What's dirty santa? Im an idiot..lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2012

• It's where everyone brings a wrapped gift and picks a number. If you get # 1 you go first and pick a gift. If #2 wants that gift they can steal it. Then you can choose again. The gift can be stolen twice, then it's dead and no one else can steal it again. Then you go through all the numbers of the people playing. When it is over the #1 can pick any gift they want that's not dead if they choose. Then that person gets their gift. There is usually a limit price set on all the gifts. We always do $25.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Comment by RelaxedMom2-3 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2012

• Oh gotcha.. Anyway--I think you should let him play, but warn him he may not get what he want. But being three--he might not understand.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 3:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2012

• Yeah, that was my thought exactly. Also for kids ages 3-16 how can you buy something that would work for that big of an age gap.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Comment by RelaxedMom2-3 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2012