What can kids get for their parents for Christmas?

Our kids ( dd8 & dd10) want to get something for their dad but what? I have no money till next week and we all know how kids are on waiting....ugh! They said they'll wait but now WHAT to get? They have $7.00 as of now.

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Dec. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• What about creating coupons that you both can cash in on for things like whine free chores or they make dinner one night.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• My parents always said what they wanted most for christmas was a day of good kids lol
    Kaylahk

Answer by Kaylahk at 6:40 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• $7 they could buy an inexpensive multi-picture frame and put pictures of them with him in it. He could take it to work or have it on his bedside table.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:08 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• Every year one of use kids always, always gave my stepdad a roll of duct tape! My 10 yo daughter got my husband a musical tie from the Dollar Tree - which he will love and wear just to be funny. My 11 yo son got him a 1000 piece puzzle from the Dollar Tree that they can work on together.

Answer by missanc at 8:11 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• Take them to the Dollar store. They can get him a mug for coffee.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:00 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• They can get him a tool that he doesn't have. A non-electric one.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:01 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• I would suggest tatking them to Dollar Tree or Dollar Store if you want them to actually shop for him. They have some nice, inexpensive things there that I am sure he would love.
    They could also try making something for him. They could do what one of the pp's suggested and make him a coupon book of activities he would enjoy doing with them (they could also do this for you!).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• Aftershave, hand tools, drill bits, socks, a key chain, or they could make something for him.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:17 AM on Dec. 17, 2011

• You could go to walmart or any store to where you can take your digital camera in and develop a picture of the girls together and frame it in a cute frame? That would be sentimental and cheap also very sweet! Or a neat key chain of his favorite sport, or a Shirt of his favorite team or something he's into hobby. The daughters could make something for him.
    Hesmynavyman

Answer by Hesmynavyman at 11:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2011