Pagan/Wiccan Stories for Kids?

I know there are Christian stories for children and know it's a good way to teach children about that religion. I was wondering if there were books about paganism/Wiccan for children. If so where would I go about finding them and who are some good authors?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 1:42 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• check out this site http://www.paganchildrensbooks.com/WnF_index.aspx

I don't know if these fit what you are looking for but I absolutely love these 2

http://www.embracingthechild.org/abergsma.htm

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Strangely, the new The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling has some great stories that are pagan friendly. As we know, JK is not a pagan herself, but the hero and heroines of these stories are magic users. Also the lessons in the stories are basically how magic can't fix everything in the world, and you have to be a decent human being too.
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 1:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• This just a suggestion, as I don't really know, but what about native tales? The ones that are connected with Earth religions. Would those be pagan friendly? They would also be multi cultural and fun to share with your children.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 1:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Wow anon, thanks for those sites... I just went and looked and they have some really great books at super reasonable prices. I may have to get the ABC Book of Shadows and Raising Witches. They look GREAT!!!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 2:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• actually, trying reading some old greek mythology as well. hercules is a favorite and well known story. I liked the other suggestions as well. I'll let you know if I find more... right now it's late and I am kinda out of it.... I'm not wiccan anymore, but use to be.. so hope i helped a little :) good luck.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• glad to help sweetie :) blessed be!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• try www.13moons.com and look under their book section under kids books. Great stuff to choose from plus its a wonderful site. They are very prompt and their goods are great.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 3:29 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• The Meagan Stories
    by Kat Dyer

http://home.comcast.net/~kdyer/meagan/

Meagan's Samhaine
    Meagan's Yule
    From here you can get to Kat's stories for pagan children. As you can see she has one story for each of the major holidays as well as stories about other issues important to children. She hopes to find a publisher to be able to read them to her own children in picture book form. These stories can also be found in the ezine Cauldrons & Broomsticks. Once a publisher has been found you will find information for ordering here as well as being announced in C&B. If you like what you see, please feel free to e-mail comments to kdyer@comcast.net
    Meagan's Imbolc
    Meagan's Ostara
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2009