Name to go with Eugene

My sons name is Eugene and i need a unique girls name that would sound good with it.

mhg123

Asked by mhg123 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2011 in Baby Names

• (sticking with the older name theme) Meriel, Eloise, Agatha, Agnes, Nadine, Phoebe , Vivian
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:30 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• you're mean

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:41 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• wow!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• Katara
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• Violet,Amelie,Rosalyn,Corrine,Cora,
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• Im trying really hard to put my two cents in without offending anyone, but Eugene? Really? I have to agree with butterflyblue, that's just mean. These days that name in synonymous with the horrible sterotype of being a nerd. If you are keeping in theme, try Bertha for a girl...to me that is equally as mean.
    Minimelda

Answer by Minimelda at 10:23 PM on Dec. 15, 2011

• If you're going to give your kids names like Eugene, you may as well name your daughter, Dorcus or Peggy Sue. I agree with Minimelda, your kids will be made fun of in school.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:17 AM on Dec. 18, 2011

• I actually like Eugene. I am a sucker for older names. I don't think you're mean at all for naming your son that, it's not like you named him one of those crazy, outrageous names that people are coming up with these days. He could have a "normal" name like Joshua and still get made fun of.

I agree that sticking with an older girl name would be best. Some names I like are Katherine, Margaret, Meredith, Olivia, Genevieve, Iris, Cecilia, Evelyn, Fiona, Lillian, Norah, Isadora and Vivien.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• My grandfather was Eugene; went by Gene. He was the complete opposite of a nerd or dork. He was friends with just about anyone in any room he walked into. And he could sell ice to the Inuit. Kids might make fun of him, but teach him to stand proud.

As for girl names that go with Eugene. Sylvia, Cecelia, Tatiana, Olga, Inge/Inga, Anna, Anja.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2011

• balagan_imma: My grandpa's name was Eugene too and he went by Gene. He was also the complete opposite of a nerd. He was a kind, compassionate, loving, talented man. My dad and brother both have the middle name Eugene.

OP: What about Emily, Emma, Ella?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 30, 2011