How did he propose?

So, today was me and my so's 5 year anniversary. We had plans to go see Bride Wars then go to dinner. So we get to the theater, and my mom tags along. At the end of the movie, a slide show came on with pics of us and the kids. Then at the end, he asked me to marry him,and i look behind us, and both our families were there standing and clapping!!!And he got the perfect ring, princess cut 1 carat white gold. I just had to tell someone... so how did your hubby propose?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 2:00 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• awww! that's so sweet! my husband and i had bee going through some rough patches and I was scared he wanted to break up with me. then on his birthday, he handed me a notebook and asked me to read the first page in it. there was a letter telling me he couldn't live without me and when i looked up he was on one knee in front of everyone
    sophiebethmom

Answer by sophiebethmom at 2:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• naked and on top of me, u believe that?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• oh it was romantic, he said well since your pregnant we could go ahead and get hitched. and to think after something that romantic it didnt work out....hard to believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• That's soo sweet!!! We went to Disneyland (my favorite place to go) for the day with our friends, my sister, and my little cousin. He actually had one of my friend's fly out for it...so we spent the day there (it was also our 2 year anniversary), and when it came time for Fantasmic we went and sat down in the VIP seating, and during the fireworks he got down on one knee and proposed!! Our anniversary also happened to be on the 4th of July so the fireworks were AMAZING!
    tuckersmommy22

Answer by tuckersmommy22 at 4:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well i was 3-4 months prego and ofcourse emotional lol... But at the time he was a firefighter and i worked at a resturant as a hostess...So one morning i see the fire truck go by lights and sirens and it just happens to pull around into the drive way. Him and his cheif come running in and they are like,,,, WE JUST GOT A CALL THAT THERE WAS A FIRE AT THIS ADDRESS BLAH BLAH BLAH... AND IM LIKE NO FIRE HERE.... I HAD NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON AND HE IS IN FULL UNIFORM AND HAD AN AX. so cute, THEN HE GETS DOWN ON ONE KNEE AND SAYS ALL THIS CUTE ROMANTIC LOVE STUFF AND POPS THE QUESTION INFRONT OF MY BOSS, SOME PEOPLE EATING, AND EVERYONE THAT WORKED THERE. OF COURSE I CRIED A TON AND I CRIED ALL DAY... IT WAS PERFECT.. :)
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:32 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Very nice.

We were driving from MD to AZ(moving there) and we had stopped at a gas station/restaurant to have lunch.

As we sat there talking about what we'd do once in AZ he casually said something to the effect of when we get settled did I want to plan the wedding. No ring, no real proposal.

That was it, romantic wasnt it? LOL poor fella wouldnt know romance if it smacked him upside the head.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• We didn't get married off this proposal but it was cute. I had asked him to move out, it just wasn't working, he wouldn't help me keep the house clean and he wasn't ready for a kid and I had 2 but he worked 2nd shift and he came in woke me up at like 1:30 in the morning crying like a baby got down on one knee beside the bed and asked me to marry him, no ring I said yes but about a month before the wedding I got cold feet.LOL 2 years later I think we are plannin a very small June or July wedding.
    KallaLilli

Answer by KallaLilli at 10:41 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Nothing as romantic as any of these, but that's ok with me as I am not all that traditional when it comes to things like that..haha. We were at his best friends house upstairs using the computer. He wouldn't stop staring at me, and I finally asked him "Ok, what's up?" He just looked at me some more and said, "I can't imagine my life w/out you in it. You are my world, will you marry me?" Of course I said yes!! This was less than a month after we started dating, and he didn't give me a ring at this point...He later told me that it was totally spontaneous and he just knew that he had to ask me right then.
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009