I got these for my DD, her dad tried to make her throw them away What would you do?

We are not together but DD 13, visits her dad once a month for the weekend. He saw these pants and got so mad, he had his wife go through her bag and take everything out that she deems "inappropriate"
http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265661792075&c=Page&cid=1319075842108&pagename=vsdWrapper
BTW they are the hot pink ones that say pink on the front, there is nothing written on the butt of the ones I bought because I won't buy her stuff with something written on the butt.
When she went through the bag, she found these

http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265645974983&c=Page&cid=1319078563025&pagename=vsdWrapper (again, nothing with anything written on the butt)
and
two of these
http://www.victoriassecret.com/ss/Satellite?ProductID=1265646103257&c=Page&cid=1319075842133&pagename=vsdWrapper
This is all in addition to her other clothes. My ex called me PISSED that I dared to buy her things from Victoria's Secret. I buy her Victoria's Secret because I have a Victoria's Secret credit card so I get LOTS of great deals. Nothing I bought her was any more revealing then if I had bought her Hanes underwear but he said if she EVER brings any of it over again, he will through it away. She is upset because 1. she feels her privacy was invaded and 2. she feels she should be able to wear her things. I told him that he has no right to throw her stuff away or to have anyone go through it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Maybe Dad should drag his mind out of the gutter ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• Wow. Buying your young teenager daughter VS stuff....WTF is wrong with you?
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 3:48 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• more and more on this site I feel like I've time traveled to the dark ages. i didn't know the internet existed then!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:04 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• "I wonder how many of those who have answered here and think that anything from VS obligatorily "sells sex" actually followed the links the OP gave andSAW the garments we're talking about"

Yeah, I did. I wouldn't be stating an opinion without having all the facts.
    If you want me to be more specific, then cute sweatpants, but I think that a bright green bra/underwear combo and a red bra are a little bit too sexy for a 13 year old.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 18, 2011

• This again?!
    Don't send adult items with your daughter when she visits. I would suggest age appropriate items at all times but the conflict is at his house. It is as simple as that. He does not want her in adult or sexy attire (even if it is just the label) to avoid problems don't make it
    an issue.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:28 PM on Dec. 21, 2011

• VS is all about sex !!! Have you not seen there ads? Have you not seen the things they sell at that store? I am not ok taking my 13 year old to VS! What kind of message am i sending out?
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2011

• – collapse
    Sara, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it! I on the other hand am raising my kids with respect! We don't promote sex at the age of 13 !!!
    I don't feel It's appropriate for a 13 year old to be shopping at VS! How you raise your children, is your business!
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 2:45 AM on Dec. 16, 2011 (hidden) + expand