open to anyone

now I'm atheist, so I do not believe in a god... I do believe in ghosts however and read a lot of scientific explanations about why they exist, most of which have nothing to do with religion... which is why I'm still atheist... but I was wonder if any other moms believe in ghosts? If so why? and how does it fit in with your religious believes? PS... if you have had an experience please feel free to talk about it, either on this post, or e-mail me... Really into studying about them... so the more the better.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 3:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• My mother grew up in a haunted farm house in Michigan. She has told me many stories of the strange things that would happen there. When ever my aunts and uncles would come visit, they would all tell very similar stories. They named the "ghost" Willie. My mom said that she would be lying in bed, and would her footsteps start coming up the stairs and down the hall. Then her bedroom door would open, and the footsteps would come into the room. She would look and see no one there, so she'd say "Go away Willie, I'm trying to sleep". The footsteps would walk out of the room, the door would close, and she could hear them go back down the stairs. She and her friends also once saw his face late one night during a sleep over. Her friend woke up and started screaming, and refused to go in the house after dark ever again.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I do believe there is something out there. When my father was dying of cancer, the hospice counselor told us she'd seen patients hold conversations with friends and family members who had died. A few days before he passed, Dad sat up and laughed out loud in a way he hadn't done in months. My only thought was that he'd just been told a joke by his best friend. But his best friend had died the previous year.

When you're with the dying, you realize they are seeing something we don't.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:11 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I believe in God and I believe in ghosts. I think that there is so much about the brain that we don't understand. I think that some people have a sensitivity that others don't and that they can sense things that most people can't and won't ever understand. I agree with the pp. My mom did hospice for a long time and she used to tell me the same kinds of stories too. In my opinion, children and dying people are the most sensitive in that way...I think something happens...especially in girls around puberty and they lose it.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My Mom while she was in hospice introduced my son to someone who was not there. She would have moments of speaking to her friends that have already passed. I have witnessed people at the moment of death then hearing a wind chime in the room tinkle the moment they left their body.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have heard a lot about the near death experience... mine were never like that though. It was a normal day, and I seen this girl, clear as day at the foot of my bed. she looked about 17 or so... my old apartment was haunted too... I'll never forget the remote doing 360s infront of me on the floor.. but IDK i wasn't bothered by the remote... the girl threw me for a loop, kinda got a little scared, but anyone would probably be scare if someone peeked out at you like that lol.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:36 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I do believe. Ive had a couple experiences myself as well as things my oldest child have said.
    Its really just a feeling I get and Ive learned to rely on my senses a lot.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:38 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I believe in God and I believe in ghosts. My explanation for ghosts is they are the ones that either had a traumatic death or feel they have some "unfinished business". And I, too believe because there is too much scientific and physical evidence of their existence.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:28 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Well, I'm pagan. So believeing in other beings or plains is kinda normal for me. I believe that there are all kinds of Beings and I also beieve that there are other "realms" of reality beyond our own. Any time there is a "door" or thinning of the boundries between the two you can get "ghosts"

I have seen many. My area is just over run with hauntings... I have never had a home with out at least one. And I've seen some crazy stuff!! Google "Monongahela Demon House" to see what's going on in my area... CRAZY stuff!!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:39 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't believe in religion but I have always believed in ghosts, I had never seen one though until my dad came to visit me about year after he died.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I really do believe in ghosts. I've never had a personal experience with one (and I kind of hope I never do), but I do think that some things can't be explained in any other feasible way than by a ghost/spirit/something supernatural like that. I'm agnostic, so anything is fair game for me, really. I don't like to pass judgment on what's really real and what's not, lol.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:03 AM on Jan. 11, 2009