How do i get her to sleep :(

So my darling little emma is now 2 months old... she seems to have a habit of as soon as i lay down to go to sleep waking up... once i get her to sleep i go to lay down and she wakes up again... how do i fix this?

ArmyAngel18

Asked by ArmyAngel18 at 3:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Heh heh...typical. This is very normal and I've never come across a "fix."

Co-sleeping can make a huge difference. Also check out "The NO Cry Sleep Solution."

Answer by gdiamante at 3:09 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Wait a little longer before puttinig her down. She may not be totally asleep (when you pick her arm up, it falls limp). Swaddle her...she may realize that she is not being held and wake up. I used to sleep in the recliner with my daughter...that was the only way either of us would get sleep...we did that from about 2 months to 3 1/2 months. That's the best thing about babies...just when you think you can't take it anymore, they change! Always changing!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 3:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• its programmed into their little bodies..."moms relaxed, must wake up" then they get to be two and its "moms relaxed must make a mess" lol
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:27 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Had the same problem, I fixed it right away...go to walmart, get the Obis form noise maker, it's avail at Shopper's Drug Mart (I'm Canadian) So not too sure if your American what Drug stores you have there...Walgreen's? They might have it too. It's about 20-30 dollars. It has a button on it, among all the other sounds, called White Noise...they love it!! My son would pass right out as as soon as he'd hear it. And it helped keep him sleeping longer then ever before!! It was a miracle that my mom bought it, and he STILL loves to sleep wit it on...he's now 7 months. I'm telling you, this is a life saver, and walmart has a great return policy, if your baby doesn't like it, and it doesn't work for you, just take it back...but it's TOTALLY worth the try!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• http://www.sleepwellbaby.com/Natural-Sound-Machines-s/8.htm

this should help you understand, and give you an idea of all the diff ones out there!
    good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• You don't even need to get a fancy machine--just use a regular fan pointed somewhere where there's no draft on your baby. My dd sleeps so much better with a fan going.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 8:47 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• My daughter is 2 1/2 months old and just recently we have found a way to make bed time SOOOOO much easier. Get into a routine and stick to it. Trust me it works. I let her nap until 8 and then wake her up, play with her until she's completely awake, give her a bath, play a little longer while I dress her, feed her and then we turn off all the lights except for one candle and have "wind down" time. Also if you walk with her for 10-20 minutes before laying her down it'll put her in a deep sleep. And if that doesn't work try white noise, like a small fan or something. Good luck!
    Laura_101008

Answer by Laura_101008 at 9:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• thanks so much for all the suggestions... we do have that womb bear that makes the sounds like they would hear from the inside not so sure if its the same as white noise but for the most part it helps except late at night
    ArmyAngel18

Answer by ArmyAngel18 at 10:40 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Establish a routine. Its all about knowing whats coming next. Give her a bath, bottle, read a book, rock her for a bit, lay her down when she is sleepy but awake, give binky (if applicable), turn out the lights (they aren't necessary and can be distracting for newborns), exit quietly, and speak softly. If you try this routine for 3 days, it should work. When you go in to her room in the middle of the night, dont get her out of the crib, give binky and soothe while she is in her crib. This lets her know its night time, and getting up isnt an option. If you have to get her out (to change diaper or feed him), dont leave her room, and try to keep it dim. Good luck! Babys thrive when they know whats coming next :). Laying baby down when they are sleepy but awake is key! :)

Also, my daughter can literally hear me laying down (our rooms are on the same exterior wall) and our bed is loud.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:15 PM on Jan. 11, 2009