How can I get through this?

ok so.........I'm pregnant with twins. This is my third pregnancy. Carrying baby #3 & #4. I'm just having an issue because for one I do look young and for two I am young. I'm turning 23 in a couple of days and I'm really happy to be a mom. I have never had a greater joy. I grew up a foster kid from the time I was 5 to the time I aged out when I was 18 shortly after I got pregnant and have been responsible since. I have taken care of my girls and pay all my bills and provide for my children with the help of s/o I don't go out. I don't like it I'd rather be home with my kids. I'm happy about the twins it's just that when someone asks I can see the look on their face and the judgement. What can I say? Or do? so I wont feel like crap? I'm sure there parents were just as young when they had them. I'm happy with having these babies why can't everyone else be too? Please help.!!!

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 3:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just ignore them. its none of their business anyway, if youre happy and your kids are taken care of thats all that matters.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 3:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• The Court Of Public Opinion has no jursidiction. Don't even think about it. And don't tell people things they don't need to know. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 3:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Just say, "well, since I am so irresponsible, I was having a really hard time trying to decide whether to get pregnant with twins and keep them, or make an appearance on "Girls Gone Wild." That will shut them up.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Or you could say that you were waiting all day for them to inquire about your life, and that you are so grateful that they took part of their day to really listen to your story. And genuinely thank them with a hug.
    squish

Answer by squish at 3:22 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Hun,
    It's what you feel and not what they think, IF they don't like it than they can just go away your happy with your kids and thats all that matters

To each their own opinion but yours is the only one that matters ................ THEY don't have to be the mother you do and as the sounds of it your a great mother
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:34 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• people are rude and judgmental but as long as your happy and your kids are happy and healthy thats what counts. not what anyone else says or seems to judge you on.
    Ourfirst0602

Answer by Ourfirst0602 at 7:54 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I don't know what comments you are getting but maybe it's not so much your age that they are worried about. Maybe it's just that you are having twins. I worry for anyone that is having twins. That has to be tough. Esp if you have other kids as well.

I'm young as well and I know those comments are hurtful sometimes though. Just know that you are responsible. Who cares what everyone else things?!

Good luck to you!
    sm79109

Answer by sm79109 at 8:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• tell them that if they cant be happy for u then they need to keep their oppinions to themselves. thats what i do i am 20 and pregnant with twin boys. the frirst thing my mother said after i told her i was pregnant (at 19) was that i needed to get rid of the..."problem" i not so politely told her to shutup and hung up a few days later she came to her sences and now i think she is almost as excited as my hubby and i are! if ppl are judgemental and all that its just because they dont understand the love u have in ur heart for ur children. just ignore them. and if u cant...cause i know how hard it is not to ignore ppl when they talk down to me like im some underling that dosent diserve to be happy, tell them they are just jelouse that they arnt as happy as you are. because when it comes down to it that is y ppl bash others because it makes them feel better to see someone as miserable as they are...

Alexandria Bryant
    TwinBoyz_09

Answer by TwinBoyz_09 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I have experienced rude people, as well. It seems that they get really bad with going from 3 kids to 4. Here's the deal, it doesn't matter your age or station in life. They are going to remark either way. I am a stay at home mom, 4 kids, 5 bedroom home with US being the owners, a pool a great neighborhood, awesome life. My husband is great, works hard. We aren't in need. When my last daughter was born, we were paying $1800 per month for health insurance (yes, you read that right!) I was 31 at the time. I STILL got rude comments, looks, like I was a criminal. I would waiver from ignoring people to telling them not to worry, they each had their own rooms and we paid for our own bills! Or, I'd say, no we aren't done! We want 5 more! Depending on my mood. My point? Just live your life. Be the great mom that you are and live right. They should be ashamed!
    Anonymous

• If you feel that they are being judgemental about it in their faces, tell them "I know what you might be thinking, but I take care of my kids and don't have to prove that I am a good parent, I know I am". Maybe just tell them, I'm used to being judge so I won't tell you my age, or anything else about me. Just let it go. There are alot of miserable people out there, don't worry about them.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 11, 2009