Where is the best place to drop off some toys??

I don't wanna take them to goodwill or salvation army where they make the money off of them. I just wanna donate them. Is the toys for tots thing going on this yr?? I have some practically brand new stuffed animals that were given to me by a lady that I used to work with and I have no use for them anymore. they look like they just come off the shelf.

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2011 in Holidays

• have you tried calling a fire station? sometimes they act as dropoffs..police stations, churches, etc.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:12 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• You could call some local churches - I know our church is sponsoring dozens of local families for Christmas.

Answer by missanc at 12:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• Oh I didn't even think about the firestations or the churches...good ideas!! thanks!!
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• Call the school social worker. Many of them work with area churches, angel tree and toys for tots and they would be able to get them to the right place.

Answer by gemgem at 12:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• you could also call your local hospitals to see if they take donations
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• I'd go to the Toys for Tots website and see if they list any dropoff locations.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• toys for tots only take new unwrapped toys. See if there is a battered womens shelter in the area. If the women have kids they will need the toys. Many of these women leave in the middle of the night with almost nothing. These shelters help them get back on their feet both emotionally and mentally.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 4:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2011