hi, im 16 and 15 weeks pregnant, i didn't know that i was until i missed my period. my mom doesn't know that i'm pregnant cause i don't have the courage to tell her. i'm already feeling some movements and feel dizzy alot often. How do i tell my mom about this baby and how do i know if my baby is ok ?

I don't really talk to my mom much because she don't listen to me and ignore me so I don't tell her nothing anymore, my dad still thinks I'm a baby and all since I'm the last child, I really don't talk to him cause he doesn't try to understand me or get me at times. I about to go to school soon to do my g.e.d and get something in my hands so I can have a normal life at the end and then support my baby. i really don't know what to do I'm stressed out and can't think straight. Can you please help me out and give me some advice on how to tell my mom and take care of thing baby? my bf knows that I'm pregnant and he's also stressing about it cause he's only 16 as well and his mom doesn't know about the baby. So how do I tell my bf's mom that I'm having his baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm guessing you've got the point by now, see an OB. I do not suggest telling all of the parents together, it's enough strain on a parent to deal with, without having someone else there to blame or share that difficult moment. I suggest if you don't feel able to tell them alone because you aren't close with your parents, maybe turning to your school counselor, or if you go to church, a pastor. If you have no one like that, just work up some courage, sit them down and say, I'm pregnant. I'm really sorry. I screwed up. I want to do the right thing and keep the baby, but I really need your help. That's all you can do. Hang in there. Get your GED, you can do it! Good luck hun, and it may seem incredibly hard right now, but I'll tell you what, my daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me. My hubby jokingly told me today that he married me for my daughter. : ) Hang in there.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:18 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Fist of all you need to get to the doctor ASAP. I doubt you are feeling movement this early with a 1st pregnancy. But, anyway, you need to face it and tell them. You are going to have to grow up fast....sit down with them tomorrow and tell them with your boyfriend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Did you go to an OB yet? Because if not, then how do you know you are actually pregnant?
    Im asking this question, because you say "How do i know if my baby is ok?".

The OB will NOT tell anybody about your pregnancy. So you go and get an OB that you can trust.

Well, you are not a baby, but you still are a kid and if you have the courage to have unprotected sex then you should also have the courage to tell your family and your bf can tell his family.
    You wont be able to hide it for a very long time anyway. Soon you will start showing and then everybody can see whats going on. You say your parents basically dont care about you, then just tell them, because you dont have anything to worry about.

I also doubt you have movements already, its a little early for first pregnancy, especially when you dont even know what exact week you are (since u havent been to the OB obviously)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 3:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• you need to sit down with your mom and tell her say "mom i need to talk to you and I just need you to listen and not judge me" then let her know. But fisrt you NEED to go to the doctors please especially because you are young. young mothers and old mothers have high risk pregnancies so you at least you dont have to worry about the baby. Then after your mom knows let him tell his mom its not your job to tell everyone you already have enough on your plate.GOOD LUCK! Take care of yourself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• most important for you and your baby is for you to seek out an OB to do prenatal care, it is unbelievably important. I dont know what to tell you for teling the three parents but you need to do it sooner than later cause you are going to pop here soon and then there will be no hiding it,or if you do hide it there is going to be a new somebody around in about 25 weeks and then theyll figure it out. Maybe telling them all at the same time would be good so youd only have to say it once and not over and over multiple times. Good luck hun and stay healthy for that baby's sake
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 4:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• i was sorta in the same situation as you, except i was 20 when i got pregnant. i had no idea how i was going to tell my mom. i found out i was pregnant when i was 5 weeks along, and 2 weeks later, she for some reason just came out and asked me if i was, i have no idea how she knew, but she did. moms just know. your 15 weeks, youre gonna start showing a lil bit really soon, and she's going to find out. and its better it comes from you, rather than her hearing it from someone else. but you definetly need to go and see a dr!!!! asap!!! you dont wanna take any chances of something bad happening. once you go, if theyre anything like my dr was, they will call you to confirm your appt's. and if you have caller id...theyre gonna see on the caller id..so best you tell them before that happens. or youre gonna have more explaining to do. good luck!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Aw I'm proud of the moms on here for not bashing you! Yay for nice people. And similar to the poster above me, I was 18 when I got to tell my parents that I was pregnant, it is a HARD thing to do, I understand what you are going through. But let me encourage you, this isn't by any means the end of your life as you know it. I only say that because for me, it felt like my life was just over, and it felt so unfair. I slept with my ex five times over the course of a year, only guy I slept with, and I ended up pregnant. I went to college, I graduated a year early, and now I am happily married and my husband is adopting my daughter. Things can still work out, you just have to work a little harder, especially since you're so young. cont.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• ^^ Oh see, all my pride in CM women not knocking a young girl who is trying to do the right thing, and turning to older mothers for help is now dashed. Thank you, for being a jerk, it will really help the situation.

To the original poster, ignore her, many women will look down on you, especially in the coming months. It's really unfair because the girls who have had one, two, three abortions, don't get those glares because no one knows their misdeeds. You are doing a wonderful thing by keeping your baby, and you just have to look past people's ignorance and stupidity.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Im sorry you're going thru this and I can't imagine how hard it will be for YOU to tell your folks but you're in my thoughts and prayers.
    QDiGi81

Answer by QDiGi81 at 6:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Your in a tough situation and it isn't going to be easy. Since your mom doesn't listen to you, would it be easier for you to write your thoughts to her on paper. That way you can get all of it down in black and white and say it just like you want to. You may want to leave the note for her and go to a friends until after she reads it. Let her know where you are in the note, so that she will not worry. This is going to hit her hard....give her some time to let it sink in and for her to gather herself together. Let her call you. Let her tell your dad. They can help and support one another. Your bf will need to tell his parents. He knows them best and will know how to approach them in the best way.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:10 AM on Jan. 11, 2009