What are some of your Christmas traditions?

We always open one present on Christmas eve and the rest on Christmas day.

kim0167

Asked by kim0167 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2011 in Holidays

• The kids open New pajamas on Christmas eve. Christmas day we open every thing else. Santa Wraps in his own paper except for the one coolest gift. It is unwrapped and out of the box. We visit my parents on Christmas eve night and spend Christmas day at home but Christmas evening is with my in-laws, my niece and now her boy friend as well.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:35 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• We also open one gift on Christmas eve and open the rest Christmas morning. My favorite though started 21 years ago, when DS was small. On December 1, I hang 50 candy canes on the tree(1 for each child per day until Christmas), and even though the kids are 21 & 11, they eat one every night, when the candy canes are gone it's Christmas. It solved the "Is it Christmas yet?" when they were young and they still love it. I also never hang store bought ornaments on my tree, they have all been made by my kids.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:13 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• Attending a Christian church is always a Christmas tradition in our family. It is there we learn the "reason for the season" and are able to corporately affect our world for Christ in cooperative giving and serving efforts. One of our church traditions is to pack Christmas wrapped shoeboxes of gifts for children who are needy. These have gone to other countries and to other states.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 3:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2011