I am 4 weeks pregnant and i am bleeding is this normal?

it is not a lot of blood but it only bleed for about 2 days

jbing26

Asked by jbing26 at 5:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i never bleed during the first trimester but as i have read on other post if its not followed by cramping then it should be ok. i think its normal to bleed in early pregnancy. but if u are really concerned i would call the dr or go to the emergency room. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:44 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• It can happen in a normal pregnancy...but you need to call and advise your ob to be sure. Many women have bleed throughout their pregnancies. But...this can also be a dangerous sign of an ectopic pregnancy. To be sure of what exactly is going on ...you need to have an ultrasound. More than likely...you are ok and so is baby ...don't panic. Just call the ob in the morning and have the baby checked out. This will give everyone peace of mind.
    take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:17 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• according to my OB and midwife:

"bleeding through pregnancy can happen but its still not normal and when you start bleeding or even only spotting, go to the OB and get checked. To make sure the blood is not coming from inside (uterus!)"
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Im 7 weeks pregnant and I have been having episodes of bleeding ... I have bled 3 times now. I called my OB this morning because I woke up and I had more blood then the past 2 times. She told me that a third of all pregnancies have bleeding in the first trimester which is perfectly normal. I only bleed for about an hour, and it isn't heavy at all. I have to go to the doctors though this week just to make sure everything is ok. I would just talk to your doctor to reasure you. I wouldn't say to go to the hospital unless if you are saturating a pad within an hour to 45 minutes ... (*front to back and side to side*) if you are bleeding heavily like that then thats the time to go to the E.R!! Good luck.. if you need any more advice feel free to contact me! Oh yes and if you are having cramping or lower back pains, I would deffinately call the dr's. A.S.A.P!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Watch the blood, and be on the phone to the dr if it is excessive (more than overflowing a pad) or if you have cramping along with the bleeding. Some bleeding can be normal with pregnancy. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:49 PM on Jan. 11, 2009