My 9 month old daughter's voise is loud how can i make it lower and get her to be more calm?

my voise is not loud and i limitted my tv watching hours in front of her

docmamy

Asked by docmamy at 5:50 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am laughing so hard right now. I dont think it is possible to quiet down a baby.

But my4lads has a good point.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 10:13 PM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Just as a thought... maybe get her hearing checked.
    my4lads

Answer by my4lads at 10:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Alot of people ask this question or dont and just live with it. Actually what is happening is yes she is discovering her own voice which is great. What can help her lower her tone? Things going on around her and the people around her can. I usually get down on the floor with mine and talk in a low voice and say shhh lets play and talk like this. As she gets older you can also start saying we have inside and outside voices and voices we use when something is wrong or someone is in trouble. When you speak loudly I think something is wrong.
    We always laugh because alot of people just live with this issue and dont understand we treat kids like they are little toys, flip them around, tickle them and raise their energy level. Continue to speak calmly and realize she is being loud when she wants attention. Give her the attention but run home speaking calmly.

Answer by gemgem at 8:07 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I cant take this question serious. sorry. ;-)

They are just "building" their voice. My daughter is 18months old and still very loud sometimes. They cant possibly control that yet.

Its a process of learning to talk.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:58 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• LOL, you can't get a 9 month old to lower they're voice!! My 7 month old is screaming his head off right now at 7am..he's been up since 6am doing so. They just discovered they're voices, last thing they want to do is lower it!! I enjoy all his screams and noises, all his babble...imagine life with your child having no voice...there's mother's out there with babies that will never make a peep. I say don't worry about it, enjoy every moment!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ohhh the joys of parenthood. ...screaming babies and headaches to match. LOL
    I feel your pain...really I do. Mine are 3 and 5 and haven't stopped screaming since birth. LOL
    Is there a greater reason for the noise...Is she hungry, wet, have colic (god forbid), full of gas or have a temp. If none of these apply....Buy yourself a good set of ear plugs and hold on for the ride of your life...you have birthed a screamer. LOL There is no cure. Look on the bright side...maybe she will become an attorney or a politician some day. LOL
    You have my sympathy and understanding.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 6:23 AM on Jan. 11, 2009