Does anyone celebrate Kwanzaa?

I'm white, have several African-American friends, and no one I know of celebrates Kwanzaa. My son with autism is obsessed with winter holidays and keeps talking about Kwanzaa, wants to get a kinara, etc. But it seems like Kwanzaa isn't that popular of a holiday. Anyone you know of that celebrates Kwanzaa?

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 4:24 PM on Dec. 16, 2011 in Holidays

• I was wondering the same bloody thing the other day. I'm a woman of color and I do not celebrate it and I also do not personally know of any others who celebrate it either.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• No, it's not Ameruccun.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 4:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• ^^^ huh? please explain your comment of "it's not Ameruccun"
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• This holiday was "invented" in 1966..I don't think it took off like some had hoped.We do not celebrate Kwanzaa
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• i know absolutely no one that celebrates it either. it's just a made-up holiday....and complicated lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 6:08 PM on Dec. 16, 2011