my right hand hurts especially every morning, that i couldn't move my fingers-- like it hurts when i close my right hand. is it edema? it bothers me. so i just apply ointments but iit still hurts. my ob said, if my BP is normal, then there's noting really serious abt it.

my right arm and wrist hurts especially every morning when it s very cold. what should i do? thanks

mommylei1202

Asked by mommylei1202 at 7:08 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had the same issue and it turned out to be carpal tunnel. and it may be just that. and my doctor said the reason i got it was from the strain from the pregnancy on my muscles and tendons. it really painful and there honestly isnt much to do for it. at times you can wrap it if you want to try to relieve the strain on it but there isnt a true cure for it. mine went away after i had my daughter but here i am again with the same issue again because i am having baby number two. good luck hun and hope you feel better
    Ourfirst0602

Answer by Ourfirst0602 at 7:51 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Perhaps you got carpal tunnel from sitting here on CM like some of the rest of us do. LOL
    But, really when I was working I had both hands done 2x for carpal tunnel and it sounds like that is what it is.
    Jesusiswelcome

Answer by Jesusiswelcome at 8:01 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Its weird, but all kinds of strange symptoms can occur when you are pregnant. Many of them don't even occur in your reproductive system! If it continues to bother you, continue to bring it to the dr attention. A lot of practices have several dr and maybe one handles things differently. Good luck
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 1:48 PM on Jan. 11, 2009