What are some old wives tales about marking a baby?

My daughter's friend is 19 and pregnant and people are telling her about things that will mark a baby,, but I've never heard of such

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Dec. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am gonna watch this because i have always heard this too.
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 7:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• You've never heard of such because they're a bunch of idiots.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• Like birthmarks?
    My grandma said she was scared by a mouse while pregnant with my mom and that's why my mom has a birthmark on her butt

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• i never heard any about that. i wonder what they would say caused my son's blue birthmark on his behind. it's about the size of a quarter and bright blue (like the submit box on this new layout). freaked the dr. out lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:06 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• my daughter has a mongolian birthmark on her upper butt in the center the size of a store baught frozen pancake. it also is bright blue and kinda looks like a bruise so when dfs saw her for the first time because of a b.s. call of abuse with cig burns all over (which i nor my husband smoke). I had to have her contact my daughters pediatrician to verify it has been there since birth and it IS a birth mark not a bruise. but i never did anything out of the ordinary :D
    mamide02ninas

Answer by mamide02ninas at 7:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• Lol I don't think there's any truth in them.. But my ex sister in law told me once that one of here aunts had a birth mark on the side of her face because while her mother was pregnant someone hit her..
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• the Mexican side of my family made me get every one of my cravings they said if I did not my sides would have birthmarks and something else I didn't pay them much mind but did enjoy getting what I wanted
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• http://www.birthmarks.com/Index.cfm?Page=42

some on here
    Blessed_mom1102

Answer by Blessed_mom1102 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• On Everybody Loves Raymond, Marie said that if a pregnant woman craves a food and doesn't get it, the child will end up with a birthmark in the shape of that food. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:09 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• I read that so wrong, and that is said "old wives tales about making a baby", I was going to say "if the woman is on top she can't get pregnant". I have never heard any old wives tales about birthmarks.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 8:17 PM on Dec. 16, 2011