I see so many parenting questions about this and that and I was wondering if there is one thing that no one ever told you that you wish you had known?

For me, my daughter pooped and peed on me. I never knew they could shoot that stuff.I was reading a lot of different questions and noticed a lot of things that should have been told to a first time mom. I would tell them about the poo/pee so that they would be warned .BTW, don't get serious and dramatic, this is just for fun, ok!I would tell them other stuff but stick that in there.

Kat122

Asked by Kat122 at 8:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep the pee projectile is one thing I didnt know. Always have a diaper ready over the spot then change LOL. Colic, no one told me about that either. The black poop omg no one told me that and I remember vividly changing my first childs diaper and it getting everywhere and going through about 5 before I got her clean and the nurses laughing. The breastfeeding every 2 hours or so and sore nipples was another one. I was unprepared for all of that. Oh and the baby losing their hair I threw my cat outside sure it was the cat getting in the crib and it turned out to be my dds hair.

Answer by gemgem at 8:16 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• rolling on floorat gemgem

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Holy cow....I never knew about cradle cap! Thank God for my first MIL who showed me the old-fashioned natural remedy. I used it on my next 2 children and it worked wonders.
    I learned about the girls peeing up and out the hard way, too...LOL.
    And diapers! No one ever told me how many diapers to buy at first and to keep in stock - no one ever told me how many times a day they need to be changed!
    And the projectile vomiting - ugh! Even after a good burp they would still spew forth like that girl in the horror movie (can't remember the name I'm so old now)....LOL. One couch was so ruined from one of my daughters that we threw it out after her bottle stage....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• oh my goodness, definately the sore bleeding nipps from not know how the hell to breastfeed!! Seriously, they just asked me at the hospital "are you going to breastfeed?" I was like "I sure am!!" and they were like "Okie dokie" and sent me on my way with out further instruction like I was a friggin pro and I had no idea what I was doing!! For the next week I was crying everytime I went to feed my poor baby, showering- are you kidding?? It was terrible! It was THE most painful thing. It made the childbirth itself seem like a walk in the park!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Nobody told me what her damn belly button would look like once her cord stump fell off! HOLY LORD!

It was reddish pink and there was some oozy yellow green gunk leftover (this happened just yesterday, ahahaha). I shrieked, freaking her out, and ran to my mom to ask her what I should do. Her, being the ever-unhelpful grandmother, was like "Oh, is that oozy stuff normal? Google it" OH MY...ugh. This woman has been a nurse for nearly 30 years, you'd think she would know if it was normal or not (of course it is). Anyway, she cleaned her up with some alcohol and a q-tip and now it's looking more normal.

But yeah, I always expected her belly button to look all cute and pink when the stump fell off. Gahhh.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:52 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Nobody told me that once they start talking they never stop! It was all cute in the beginning, but now, oh my! Mommy wants to go deaf for just a little while.

On the bathroom subject: Training a boy is tricky!!! He got the whole, 'sit on the potty' thing after about a week, but now he has to learn to 'poke down his penis' so he doesn't get pee on the wall across from the potty. I never expected pee on the bathroom walls, and floor, and bathtub, and shower walls, and behind the toilet, and the cabinets. AIM KID!!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:55 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• That the first poop was going to resemble tar. I thought something was wrong, the nurse told me it was normal and I told her it may be no big deal but it is definetally not normal.
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 11:26 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Oh, and nobody told me how difficult it is to get a new diaper on a newborn that doesn't like to stretch out her legs :o]

OH, and what about how I refused to let her cry for the first week? Now that we're in the second week, I don't even care anymore. Yeah, it still hurts to hear her screaming and coughing like a mad hornet, but I'm slowly becoming immune to it lmao.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:35 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Nobody told me that it would be love at first sight...covered in all the goop...I fell in love immediately!
    Noone ever told me that the day your ,milk comes in your breasts will hurt so bad you will want to find a knife and try to cut them off!
    Nobody ever told me that at my daughters 1st Drs appointment that she would Poop all over my shirt..Yeah gotta love that breastfed babypoop...Yummo!
    MYnKURTMOM

Answer by MYnKURTMOM at 12:33 AM on Jan. 12, 2009