DO you have a sentimental xmas trinket?

Be it an ornament, star handed down, a decoration, anything. Show a pic if you have one!

GirlWithANikon

Asked by GirlWithANikon at 8:45 PM on Dec. 16, 2011 in Holidays

• My mom would hide a where's waldo ornament on the tree every year, when I was a kid, and I would find it....
    Minga88

Answer by Minga88 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• I did but my mom stole all my stuff or all the stuff that had any meaning to me when I was 16yo so I dont have any of it anymore. But I have things I know I will keep around long after my daughter is grown, she is only 4now & starting to make cute things etc.
    reindeergames

Answer by reindeergames at 9:56 PM on Dec. 16, 2011

• This house was bought for my mother in 1988. I saved my allowance and bought it for her because she loved little houses. She died a month before I could give it to her.

This ornament was made for me in 1977 when I was 3 years old

Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:30 AM on Dec. 17, 2011

• My whole Christmas setup is sentimental to me, the tree is decorated only with ornaments made by my children or given to us by relatives, the nativity set is the only gift ever given to us by one family member, my chair covers and hanging quilts were inherited from DH's grandmother, and our tree was given to us by a very close friend.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:41 AM on Dec. 17, 2011

• Lots: ornaments my kids made when they were little, a little house ornament that looks like the B&B my DH and I honeymooned in, decorations the kids loved and I made up stories about to entertain them as we put things away.

holding ornaments

So much...that's one of the best parts of decorating for Christmas in our house.

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 7:41 PM on Dec. 18, 2011