Does anyone think this will work?

Or have they tried it before? I like to make a triple batch of pancakes on Sunday morning (eek! that's today! Why am I still on the computer!?!) and freeze them, since the kids can reheat them during the week before school. The problem is that I have only one small skillet, and making them one at a time is gonna take me till lunch!
I used to have one of those stove top grill/griddle things but we lost it in the move two years ago. So I'm thinking... would two cookie sheets (one on top of the other) on the stove burners do the same thing? If I keep the heat down low? Anyone else ever done this w/out burning down their kitchen?

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 8:33 AM on Jan. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I dont do that anymore. I have found I can go to walmart and buy a 24 pack of pancakes they can reheat for about $2. It was alot more cost effective.
    But no I dont think doing that will work. You can try it though. I know there are german style oven pancakes but I am not sure that is what youre looking for.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oven-Pancakes/Detail.aspx

Answer by gemgem at 9:06 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• Ugh, I hate walmart! lol.
    Thanks for the recipe, I'm gonna try it out next weekend. Now I'm too lazy to make pancakes (too much time online, my butt has gone numb!) This is my only day off, it won't kill them to have cereal on a sunday.
    Hmmm.... I wonder if I can talk DH into making homemade waffles (he makes awesome waffles).
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 9:12 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I hate walmart too but with the price of food it is a helpful thing to have. It amazes me how they have such lower prices on the exact same thing other stores have and it isnt like the food is coming from china.

Answer by gemgem at 9:15 AM on Jan. 11, 2009

• I received an electric griddle as a gift. It is by far one of my favorite kitchen items. I always make extra pancakes on the weekend for an easy re-heat breakfast during the week. Try adding blueberries or chocolate chips to them too. It is just as easy to make as cereal and it is a nice hot meal before school. Add milk and some apple slices and you're set.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 1:18 PM on Jan. 11, 2009